Afterlife 3

AShetlandBitMeOnce

Visit site
I watched the whole series last night apart from the last half of the last episode, I got to the bit where Lisa was about to read a poem. I was on the verge of having a good cry so thought I would watch the rest when I was by myself as I get awkward when OH is there!

I loved this series, but I have to admit that the last series (what I have seen so far) doesn't match the first and second for me. It's still a good series, very funny, very well written and I have thoroughly enjoyed it but I think the first and second seemed so groundbreaking in it's theme and it's humor and made me laugh and cry all at the same time, every episode whereas this series hasn't, in the first 5 episodes, made me emotional at all. There are some really deep moments that will change my throught process for life, but I guess it just doesn't feel as new and fresh and unique any more.

Moobli

Visit site
I watched the whole series last night apart from the last half of the last episode, I got to the bit where Lisa was about to read a poem. I was on the verge of having a good cry so thought I would watch the rest when I was by myself as I get awkward when OH is there!

I loved this series, but I have to admit that the last series (what I have seen so far) doesn't match the first and second for me. It's still a good series, very funny, very well written and I have thoroughly enjoyed it but I think the first and second seemed so groundbreaking in it's theme and it's humor and made me laugh and cry all at the same time, every episode whereas this series hasn't, in the first 5 episodes, made me emotional at all. There are some really deep moments that will change my throught process for life, but I guess it just doesn't feel as new and fresh and unique any more.
I think #1 and #3 are my favourites. I didn’t enjoy #2 as much - probably because of that hideous psychiatrist ?

luckyoldme

Visit site
We tried watching series one last night on the strength of this thread but we just can't enjoy seeing such realistic misery and such deep black humour. We won't be watching any more, are we alone?
It does make us talk about the day when one of us is left on our own and that's a very sad thought. In some ways though it makes us have conversations we might never have had.
I like this programme because it makes the really irrational feelings I have had seem ok.

Birker2020

Visit site
I think Ricky Gervais is brilliant.

For those of you who haven't watched it, watch Extras and also Derek. Derek is lovely, seen from the perspective of someone who is 'intellectually challenged'. Really endearing and heart warming, a couple of the same actors/actresses from both Extras and Derek as in After Life.

AShetlandBitMeOnce

Visit site
I think Ricky Gervais is brilliant.

For those of you who haven't watched it, watch Extras and also Derek. Derek is lovely, seen from the perspective of someone who is 'intellectually challenged'. Really endearing and heart warming, a couple of the same actors/actresses from both Extras and Derek as in After Life.

I haven't seen Extras but I echo your recommendation of Derek, it's very through tprovoking in places and very very funny. Well cast too - definitely a must watch!

pistolpete

Visit site

Maybe it’s because of this Ricky considered leaving it after two series.

Birker2020

Visit site
I haven't seen Extras but I echo your recommendation of Derek, it's very through tprovoking in places and very very funny. Well cast too - definitely a must watch!
Extras is amazing, very very funny. Has Barry from East Enders in it and Steven Merchant. And the brilliantly funny Ashley Jensen as Maggie.