Age confusion ???!!!

Carrieandolaf

Visit site
Ok , so i have an apparently 5 year old pony that is almost 6 therefore being almost 6 we are allowed to compete in the pony club etc . I bought him when he was 4 last year so ?

I went to pc camp on him and he is a little scared of fillers but it is probably more me than him ! Confidence issues ....

Anyway i looked at his pedigree base thingy as rosswood boyle pat his registered name it says he was born in 2011 ! Does that mean he is 4 ? And i bought a colt at 3 ???? He was hunted in ireland for 2 seasons apparently and we got him from a good dealer who we are friends with he has jumped 1m25 with me and has a lovely established canter and lovely walk and trot ! I love him ! Any advice if he is 4 , then i cannot compete in pony club ! 😬

fatpiggy

Visit site
Ok , so i have an apparently 5 year old pony that is almost 6 therefore being almost 6 we are allowed to compete in the pony club etc . I bought him when he was 4 last year so ?

I went to pc camp on him and he is a little scared of fillers but it is probably more me than him ! Confidence issues ....

Anyway i looked at his pedigree base thingy as rosswood boyle pat his registered name it says he was born in 2011 ! Does that mean he is 4 ? And i bought a colt at 3 ???? He was hunted in ireland for 2 seasons apparently and we got him from a good dealer who we are friends with he has jumped 1m25 with me and has a lovely established canter and lovely walk and trot ! I love him ! Any advice if he is 4 , then i cannot compete in pony club ! ��

Ha, if he came from Ireland he more than likely was hunting at under 4 years old :(

ihatework

Visit site
If born 2011 then your pony is currently 4.
For the interpretation of competing/PC he will become 5 from 1st Jan 2016 (even if he wasn't born until May).

If you have a proper passport for him then he really should already have a microchip. It would be worth getting the vet to scan him for one and checking it matches records when next out.