Age old question of London and stables...

Horsehead

Visit site
I did do a search and found a few threads, but most were quite old.

I moved my horse to London with me when I came back from uni but she an i haven't really settled well.

I say London but she's on the Essex London border (chingford) I'm looking for a new yard north/north east I guess, though like I say am central so could probably get south?

I live pretty central so travel link quite plentiful. I'm as yet to pass my driving test, though that's hopefully soon to come so at the moment I need to be able to travel on public transport. I'm not too fussed on a long journey/ some walking, currently can take 2 hours to get to the yard after work, but I go everyday.

I'd like as much turnout as possible which I know is hard to come by.

I know the main big yards some of which I've ridden at :-/ and I'm all googled out :-(

Thank you in advance for any replies

Frumpoon

Visit site
I always say Elle-Dani Farm just north of Barnet, Dani Mattock is solid gold, I'd always recommend her. I went there on schooling livery after my lad put me on crutches, she sorted him, sold me another, now I'm back up north at a good friend of her's with both my lads.

If you are straight with her, she'll be straight with you, and she's on the bus/train...

jaquelin

Visit site
Advice above sounds good. I know quite a few of the London yards, but if you want both turn-out and public transport access, then your options are very limited. Check out the recommendation. Good luck!

SO1

Visit site
Are you fixed with where you live in London? If might be easier to move house and commute in.

The yard I am in herts at is do-able by public transport and has very good all year turnout either 24/7 or in at nights but unsurprisingly is full.

There are a lot of yards in Mill Hill accessible by public transport - are you on a tight budget?

Horsehead

Visit site
Thanks people, I think I've found one, I'm off to look at later this week/ next week. I know the ones up mill hill way, i volunteered at one and looked at the other one when originally looking. I'd not move because I work on Oxford street really early in the morning, but this job is just to keep the pony until the job I'm waiting for comes up or I pass my test, whichever crops up first.

Thanks again though.