Agility people - UKA Question

galaxy

Visit site
Have entered my first UKA comp with Harley 14th April (eek!!) We're only going for fun cause it's local, I fully expect to be eliminated!!!! (although my trainer has been encouraging us to enter, so shouldn't be a total embarassment! hopefully!)

Anyway, I've received my entry card.... Have entered 2 Beginners Steeplechase class and a Nursery Agility. On the card the last column is titled "R/O" and has numbers under it. What does that mean?

MurphysMinder

Visit site
Its a long time since I did agility (they didn't have steeplechase classes then;)) but I would imagine it is your running order, i.e. if it says R/O 35 you will be 35th to go in the class. Hopefully someone who goes to agility shows currently will be along to confirm this.

galaxy

Visit site
ahhhh..... you're very smart :) Makes sense

On the instructions it says you have to check into the ring before the start of the class, but that is just to confirm you are there I expect, but you have an actual running order. Very efficient :)

Steeplechase is H's favourite! Trainer reckons he's very fast, but we are yet to time him against a collie, so we shall soon see! That is of course, if I can stear him around the course!!!! ;)

Oenoke

Visit site
Yes, R/O is Running Order. I don't compete at UKA shows, but at KC shows you should run as close to the running order as you can, there will be a caller and they will say they are calling to x number, they usually announce it over the loudspeaker to. If you are running 2 dogs in the same class you have to run them in the order they are drawn otherwise you can be eliminated, like next week I have Skye with running order 71, in the same class as Star with running order 116, so I have to run Skye before Star.

galaxy

Visit site
another question (my trainer is now away and not back till 2 days before comp!)

He is obv a maxi in the steeplechase and a standard in the nursery agility. I therefore assume I don't have to get him measured on the day? I have entered him in the tallest height classes as he's obviously large?!

Oenoke

Visit site
Not sure about UKA, at KC you have to get them measured before you compete for any height, even if your dog is obviously large. You could always phone the show secretary and ask them.

bt1609

Visit site
If you are running in maxi (standard for nursery) at UKA you don't need to have your dog measured at all.
Also I discovered the other day you will only get a record book now if you pay for one - they used to be free - as all results are recorded on the internet if you log in on the UKA page.

Have fun.

Hope that helps.

Also make sure you walk course at the beginning even if its not at your height, you dont get the opportunity to walk at your own height only at the beginning of the class.