Agria horse insurance reviews please

Flowerofthefen

Visit site
I've just got a very reasonable quote from them but was wondering what they are like paying out? Anyone with any experience of a claim? Thank you.

Sossigpoker

Visit site
Not dealt with them but they are cheaper because you'll have to co-pay any claim. I thought they were very cheap too until I learned that

Sossigpoker

Visit site
What is the co claim please? It says 25%. Does it mean I have to pay 25% of the claim as well as the excess?
Yes that's correct. So if you had a £5000 bill , you'd pay your excess plus 25% of whatever is remaining after excess is paid.

criso

Coming over here & taking your jobs since 1900
Visit site
I had that some years ago with Amtrust but 10% and £125 excess Others wanted £250 excess and were the same more per year.

So even with paying a %, I would be better off unless a claim went over £3750 every year

When I was comparing quotes last year, a few insurers have brought this system in though less than 25% and many have upped the excess to between £250 and £500

Sossigpoker

Visit site
What is the co claim please? It says 25%. Does it mean I have to pay 25% of the claim as well as the excess?
It probably wouldn't be worth it for smaller claims , you'd obviously get more paid for for big claims, but then you'd still have to find possibly thousands to pay your section.
If you have good credit, you might as well get a credit card and use that - and then do a balance transfer onto a 0% interest deal to pay it off without interest

criso

Visit site

How much are you saving per year? If you save £250 then any claim over £1000 you'll be worse off. If you save £500 then £2000 would be the cut off.

That's assuming the excess is the same.

Eta bear in mind they give lifetime cover so if your horse gets something long term like Rao or ulcers, you'd get ongoing cover and bills paid for the lifetime minus the 25%

Flowerofthefen

Visit site
It probably wouldn't be worth it for smaller claims , you'd obviously get more paid for for big claims, but then you'd still have to find possibly thousands to pay your section.
If you have good credit, you might as well get a credit card and use that - and then do a balance transfer onto a 0% interest deal to pay it off without interest
After spending hours trying to find any suitable insurance I'm thinking along those lines!

Flowerofthefen

Visit site
How much are you saving per year? If you save £250 then any claim over £1000 you'll be worse off. If you save £500 then £2000 would be the cut off.

That's assuming the excess is the same.

Eta bear in mind they give lifetime cover so if your horse gets something long term like Rao or ulcers, you'd get ongoing cover and bills paid for the lifetime minus the 25%
Is the 25% a one off payment or is it payable yearly for as long as the condition exists??

criso

Visit site
Is the 25% a one off payment or is it payable yearly for as long as the condition exists??
It's 25% off all costs and would be deducted from the pay out.

So you send them a bill for £1000. They deduct the fixed excess, say £200. They then take 25% off the £800 so you get £600. Next month you send another vet's bill for £500, they deduct 25% and send you £375 and so on until you reach your limit. However as it's a lifetime policy, you can claim on the same condition for years.

If the vets accept direct payment, then my vet generally ask you to pay a fixed excess when first invoiced but work out any percentage after.

Sossigpoker

Visit site
After spending hours trying to find any suitable insurance I'm thinking along those lines!
And when one 0% deal comes to an end , just transfer the balance to another 0% card. That way if it's a huge bill you can have years to pay it off without interest (usually a balance transfer fee of around 3% applies )