Agrob feeds

Sugar Plum

Visit site
Has anyone tried the equine feeds from Agrob? I have ordered feed from them, just waiting for it to arrive, but just wondered if anyone else has been tempted into trying these feeds. The write up sounds good (but then all feed manufacturers do on paper) so I am interested to try it, but of course my horse will decide if they are to his liking!

CanteringCarrot

Visit site
I feed or try to feed my horse Agrobs ? it's popular here. I feed the Alpingrün Müsli and PRE Alpin Wiesenflakes. They're good for him and nice quality/ingredients, but he's totally uninterested. Or he eats a few bites, goes back to his hay, and finishes the soaked flakes and the Müsli later. I think it's just not that much more exciting than hay for him. Feed him something junky or even oats and he scoffs it up, of course. He might just be weird though.

Anyway, I think they make a nice product, and worth a try.

9tails

Visit site
I particularly liked the Musli. But the price went up so dramatically that I've reverted back to just a grass chaff. Horse looks well on both, but my wallet is healthier without the chaff with fancy flowers and bits of diced carrot/beetroot.

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
Used them for years, used to be aspero now wiesencobs due to teeth issues.
The fussy one really like each and the low sugar/starch is what we really need now compare to other similar options.

YorksG

Over the hill and far awa
Visit site
We use the weisencobs, they mush in water as bucket feed and individually as "treats". The horses like them and they are low starch and sugar

criso

Coming over here & taking your jobs since 1900
Visit site
Just curious, but now much is it there in the UK?
Musli is about £19 as is the Grunhafer, weisencobs £14. I feed the first 2, someone else on the yard feeds the cobs. Price jumped dramatically after Brexit when the pound weakened but has been pretty stable last few years.

Issue is that not everyone stocks it and if you have to do mail order, it pushes the cost up more.

AandK

Visit site
I feed Agrobs as my local feed store stocks it. Musli and mash for my 8yo and the 24yo gets aspero or leichtgenuss depending on the time of year. It is expensive, but worth it for me due to what is in it, and what isn't in it (molasses, soya etc).

Red-1

I used to be decisive, now I'm not so sure...
Visit site
I have used it as a medium to get a supplement in. Looks lovely, horse loved it and if you only feed a small scoop a day, it doesn't work out too expensive.

I did laugh at myself for buying Swiss flowers for my horse though!

OldNag

Wasting my time successfully....
Visit site
I use the Weisenflakes (quicker to soak than the Cobs), and have previously used the Musli and Senior mash.
Really rate them. I'm fortunate, it's very easy for me to get hold of.
A bag lasts me about 5/6 weeks so economical (about £18 a bag I think).

meleeka

Visit site
I liked it and so did my horses but my local supplier struggled to get regular deliveries and I didn’t like having to change foods until It was available.

Surbie

Visit site
I use Wiesencobs, my horse loves them and they soak into a lovely-smelling mash. Costs £16/bag and I get through the dizzy heights of max 2 bags a year. Thankfully very easy to get hold of near me.

maddielove

Visit site
I use the Weisenflakes (quicker to soak than the Cobs), and have previously used the Musli and Senior mash.
Really rate them. I'm fortunate, it's very easy for me to get hold of.
A bag lasts me about 5/6 weeks so economical (about £18 a bag I think).

Sorry to thread hijack but I'm totally intrigued with what type of consistency Weisenflakes soak to, do they go like a typical beet/soaked nut or is it more like wet chaff/muesli? Currently feeding pink mash and like the look of these for calories/ease of soaking without the soy but they looked a bit stalky when I saw an image of the flakes which isn't as great for a mouth full of diastemas.

OldNag

Wasting my time successfully....
Visit site
Sorry to thread hijack but I'm totally intrigued with what type of consistency Weisenflakes soak to, do they go like a typical beet/soaked nut or is it more like wet chaff/muesli? Currently feeding pink mash and like the look of these for calories/ease of soaking without the soy but they looked a bit stalky when I saw an image of the flakes which isn't as great for a mouth full of diastemas.

Mmm kind of mushy - yes a bit beet-like.

I have fed them to several ponies and they have all absolutely loved it.
Happy to send you some to try if you message me.

millikins

Visit site

I use the weisencobs as have all natives and they love it, including fussy, cereal reactive Connie. I wasn't sure how much to soak it at first and they ended up with soup which caused much amusement for the humans :)

maddielove

Visit site
Thanks guys, very much appreciated! I've tried soaked haycobs before (thunderbrooks) and they went down well, these flakes sound so much better for soak time though as the tb ones took hours!

Surbie

Visit site

If you can soak with hot water I found the cobs collapse into green soft mush even quicker. The cobs aren't stalky at all, so if the flakes are chopped cobs you should be fine. (I can't get the flakes where I am.)

ozpoz

Visit site
I use the mash and the weisencobs. Horse is well and sane, looks great and likes it so I have no reason to change feed. I do make sure I order in advance of running out as no one stocks it near me.

rextherobber

Visit site
I used to feed it, but the horse got bored of it. I had to drive miles for it, and actually Honeychop lite and Healthy seems very similar, so I swop between that, Pink Mash and Pure Fibre balance, to keep the fussy little beast happy.

GinaGeo

Visit site
I really liked Agrobs Feeds and so did the horses. I used the muesli and the mash.

It just got more and more difficult to get hold of as our local supplier stopped stocking it. And whilst you can buy it direct that does make it more expensive.

I feed the Emerald Green Meadow Nuts and chaff instead now.