Agrobs feed

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
It did take me a mo.

I do think there must be something about the alps as all the UK dried grasses have higher DE and higher sugar/starch than the aspero (which we currently use).
I was looking to see if I could swap it out as we don't have any somerset suppliers (I can get it here in cambridge, and could get it nearby in wiltshire) but I think I have concluded that given that we don't get through masses I think we will stick with it.

dollyanna

Visit site
Just had a look at Zooplus and there are a few products sold as Muesli but with molasses, barley and alfalfa amongst the ingredients are not the same thing at all. Can't comment on the cobs.

There are indeed several things sold as muesli that aren't the same, but there is one that is between plain chaff, agrobs mash and agrobs muesli - I've used it and it is fine, no added sugar etc etc. The only "non-pure" ingredient that you might not want is linseed cake. http://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/horses/feed/mashes/products/600402

Marstalls hay cobs are great, just like Agrobs, and the delivery on zooplus has always been fabulous for me over many years.

criso

Coming over here & taking your jobs since 1900
Visit site
There are indeed several things sold as muesli that aren't the same, but there is one that is between plain chaff, agrobs mash and agrobs muesli - I've used it and it is fine, no added sugar etc etc. The only "non-pure" ingredient that you might not want is linseed cake. http://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/horses/feed/mashes/products/600402

Marstalls hay cobs are great, just like Agrobs, and the delivery on zooplus has always been fabulous for me over many years.

I think linseed cake is what's left over after the oil is extracted so not bad exactly but not good either as the good bits have been removed.

However it's a mash, if i was looking for a chop I wouldn't buy a mash or vice versa. So while it could be a useful feed, it wouldn't be a substitute for the Muesli.

WelshD

Visit site
I have had no problems obtaining Agrobs though the price has shot up in the last year or so

Some years ago there was a chicken feed on the market made by a different continental maker, It was an excellent feed - top class and quickly got a small and loyal following, they started advertising and having trade stands at shows, success followed but then the prices shot up, availability became sketchy with only a few dedicated and favoured stockists remaining, the more committed customers travelled for supplies but then the prices went up again and now hardly anyone uses it despite declaring it to be the best feed they ever used

I'm wondering if this is going to go the same way

criso

Visit site
I have had no problems obtaining Agrobs though the price has shot up in the last year or so

Some years ago there was a chicken feed on the market made by a different continental maker, It was an excellent feed - top class and quickly got a small and loyal following, they started advertising and having trade stands at shows, success followed but then the prices shot up, availability became sketchy with only a few dedicated and favoured stockists remaining, the more committed customers travelled for supplies but then the prices went up again and now hardly anyone uses it despite declaring it to be the best feed they ever used

I'm wondering if this is going to go the same way

With Agrobs even excluding any other changes, the pound/euro exchange rate will have pushed the prices up. In May 2016 at 1.30 euros to the pound, 10 euros would have cost you £7.50, today it would be just under £9.00

That's before other possible increases in overheads, fuel, increase in price they are paying.

PoppyAnderson

Visit site
I found the PDF with the ingredients and analytical info but there is no sugar/starch on it unless I'm missing it?

https://www.kramer.co.uk/$WS/kraemer-pferdesport/websale8_shop-kraemer-pferdesport/benutzer/templates/ws-customer-web/Produktseite/pdf_datenblaetter/B490623.pdf

PA yeah, I won't use TB on principle.

The owners you mean?

dollyanna

Visit site
I think linseed cake is what's left over after the oil is extracted so not bad exactly but not good either as the good bits have been removed.

However it's a mash, if i was looking for a chop I wouldn't buy a mash or vice versa. So while it could be a useful feed, it wouldn't be a substitute for the Muesli.

Having bought it it isn't like the Agrobs mash, it is more like a fine chaff and muesli mixed. Not as muesli as agrobs muesli, but not a mash. I would buy it again as a chaff quite happily.

BORODIN

Visit site
Actually the palatin Glyx-Wiese range I linked to seems pretty simple

The ingredients of their Palatin musli

Palatin fibre, cornflower blossoms, marigold flowers, herbs, dried
appel, sunflower seeds, cracked linseed, fermented carrot, grape
seed extract

Not quite as many extras as agrobs version but not bad

Their Heu Cobs are simply "Special grass and herb variety"

St Hippolyt grasses for the palatin range come from the lake constance area and agrobs from the Bavarian alps - but you may find a lot of the products are actually made in the same place/factory which i find interesting

criso

Visit site
Yes I saw that but while where the source grass obviously us important, don't know about the different geographical areas so can't comment on the implications.

Made in the same factory doesn't seem unusual if you think about human food projects. There are factories that make a variety of food for different supermarkets with very different specs and ingredients depending on the clients instructions.