Agrobs Mash - worth the hype?

lucy_108

Visit site
I have a lean 5yo TB and I’m still trying to find the right feed for him. I want something non-heating that is suitable for ulcer prone horses that will also help him gain weight - the holy grail of horse feeds!

my neighbour, whose opinion I really do value, has recommended Agrobs but restorer mash. I was wondering if anyone has any success or not success stories with it? She gave me some to try and it smells incredible and he certainly enjoys it, I just wondered if it’s worth the money and also what other people feed along with it (chaff etc), if anything.
TIA!

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
My skinny TB did well on grass nuts with oil added. I like to keep things simple these days. Food with soya in made him lose weight.

Green Bean

Visit site
I tried their muesli which my horse seemed to like for a few weeks, but then seemed to go off the taste. I was a bit disappointed as it has all the right credentials, except I didn't realise it wasn't a balancer so I would still need to top it up. I am a great supporter of KeyFlow feeds having used their Staycool and Golden Oldies (good for joints, even for younger horses). I still use their Key Plus which is so good for top line and muscle and is not heating.
Although everyone will have their favourite so it is a veritable mine field out their

PurBee

Visit site
Try it and see is the only way as all horses respond differently.

When i contacted agrobs to tell me the actual list of the ‘well-marketed 40 different plants’ in their products that grow in their alpine climates, i was basically told “thanks so much for your interest in our feeds, but the ingredients are a trade secret”

?

Evidently EU feed labelling laws are completely disregarded by them..

WelshD

Visit site
I’m very pleased with the mash for my pony (who does get a very nervous and stress tummy) and if fed in decent quantities it adds weight nicely.
he looks good on it and his behaviour is good.
If he gets a bit chubby I add fast fibre which recently sent him in the other direction so he back on full rations of the mash

CanteringCarrot

Visit site
A friend feeds the mash and I feed the Müsli. We also both feed their MyoProtein flakes. We've been satisfied thus far.

There is an Alpingrün Müsli Senior version being released on monday. Quite similar to the original but a bit more fat, a tad lower NSC. I may switch to that if the price is the same.

windand rain

Visit site
I bought it for the old boy to try and get him to stop losing weight it cost a fortune and it didn't help in fact he lost even more weight more quickly and although agrobs probably wasn't to blame he did not recover even when back on his usual food and he was PTS shortly afterwards

ozpoz

Visit site
Mine loves the Agrobs mash and it sorted out his loose poos. He looks great on it.
( He wasn't at all keen on the muesli and it looked different to me from when I last bought it, a few years back. There were no little flowers and the fibres were coarser.)

criso

Coming over here & taking your jobs since 1900
Visit site
There is an Alpingrün Müsli Senior version being released on monday. Quite similar to the original but a bit more fat, a tad lower NSC. I may switch to that if the price is the same.

I'll look out for that here, mine loves the Musli but always looking for more calories.

Mine loves the Agrobs mash and it sorted out his loose poos. He looks great on it.
( He wasn't at all keen on the muesli and it looked different to me from when I last bought it, a few years back. There were no little flowers and the fibres were coarser.)

The batch I had delivered recently still has the little blue flowers and the big yellow ones.

CanteringCarrot

Visit site
I'll look out for that here, mine loves the Musli but always looking for more calories.

The batch I had delivered recently still has the little blue flowers and the big yellow ones.

I just got a sack of the Senior müsli today. I haven't opened it yet, but currently have an opened sack of the regular Alpengrün Müsli and mine also has the flower variety.

I think I've had some bags slightly vary, but since it's a natural forage product, I am ok with some variance now and again. Usually I don't notice any though and it's been consistent.

The senior version is higher in price. Regular/original is about 23€ and Senior 27€ per sack here.

ozpoz

Visit site

I bought this off amazon, and I'm a little bit suspicious as I hadn't heard of the retailer before, and it was supposed to be the mash.

criso

Coming over here & taking your jobs since 1900
Visit site
I bought this off amazon, and I'm a little bit suspicious as I hadn't heard of the retailer before, and it was supposed to be the mash.

I was chatting to Red Rufus earlier in the year and asking if Brexit would affect them. It wouldn't but one consequence was that Agrobs would only be going through Red Rufus as UK distributors to keep paperwork simple and in one place. Previously you could order from them direct and there were some other routes into the UK.

That doesnt mean you can't get it online, Titmuss/Equisupermarket sell it but they get their stock from Red Rufus, I assume e feed do too.

So I might be a little suspicious of other suppliers.

ETA just had a look on Amazon and the seller that came up is Titmuss/Equisupermarket under another name though more expensive than ordering from Equisupermarket

teddy_

Visit site
I have heard great things about Agrobs products in general - my boy loves the treats. Agrobs is definitely on the pricier end of the spectrum nonetheless.

Just a thought as I have been having great results with this, have you considered the Saracen Re-Leve range? These products have been formulated cereal free for ulcer prone horses. They include all the vits and mins too.

I am currently feeding my 3YO Thoroughbred the Re-Leve cubes and TopSpec linseed mash. He has three small feeds a day with ad-lib hay in the field and stable, and he's looking amazing on it. It's a cost effective, high quality combo :).

Fieldlife

Visit site
A friend feeds the mash and I feed the Müsli. We also both feed their MyoProtein flakes. We've been satisfied thus far.

Ive still not found senior musli on sale in the U.K.? Online / in Surrey. Has anyone else?

Zoeypxo

Visit site
I fed agrobs mash to my mare and she loved it , about 2 months later she would not touch it. No idea why!
I now feed emerald green grass nuts with linseed oil and it seems to keep her in perfect condition

Fieldlife

Visit site
I fed agrobs mash to my mare and she loved it , about 2 months later she would not touch it. No idea why!
I now feed emerald green grass nuts with linseed oil and it seems to keep her in perfect condition
I’m looking for a super palatable feed that’s no grain / low starch and sugar.

Horse eats but doesn’t love emerald green grass nuts. Refused copra.

I’ve fed him the mash before (when on box rest) think was ok to eat.

The senior musli is the lowest sugar and starch combined, if I could find a supplier.