AH Saddles - Kai Riley

Christmas Crumpet

Visit site
Just wondered if anyone else has had Kai Riley from AH Saddles out. He came today and seemed good but wondered if anyone else has had him simply because there is absolutely nothing about him on an internet search!! Pm if you like.

I've got a saddle on a 2 week trial from them.

sychnant

Visit site
Tried - he had all my details and was supposed to ring me with an appointment. Never did. Shame, as their saddles look lovely - but no worries as I have bought an old style but hardly used Thorowgood square cantle which does the job for a fraction of the price :D

sbloom

www.stephaniebloomsaddlefitter.co.uk
Apologies he didn't contact you sychnant, management of his diary and calls is being improved (I think he is having some help, as am I, to run our diaries) - when you do it all yourself sometimes you do miss things, it's a massive juggling act. He's fully trained by Andrea Hicks and is at least part MSFC qualifed/trained too, but not been out fitting a huge amount of time hence you not finding so much about him online and won't find many customers on here...yet :)

TwinkleT

Visit site
Just wondering if anyone else has used Kai? Looking to try a dressage saddle from Andrea Hicks but keen to hear some feedback before I commit that much money! Previously i've had Steph out but sadly she's moved away!

Cowpony

Visit site
Yes, since my last post above Kai came out to check my GP and fit a second hand AH dressage saddle I had bought on EBay. Having only had Steph fitting mine since I bought my first one I was disappointed that she'd moved, but Kai was very good. Tweaked both saddles in the way I expected, and my mare is comfortable. Love the saddles!

OldieButGoodie

Visit site
I bought an AH classic dressage for my big chunk of a boy last year. The fitter is Clare Molyneux as I'm in Scotland so can't comment on Kai but I know the saddles are lovely.

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
Just had a quick look at the AH brochure. How odd that so many of the saddles are made either in black or in brown, but not in both. Why would that be?

little_critter

Visit site
Just had a quick look at the AH brochure. How odd that so many of the saddles are made either in black or in brown, but not in both. Why would that be?

I know when i ordered mine it came off the peg in brown (because AH fits a lot of natives and brown is generally the preferred choice). However I wanted black which was possible, but as a special order so took longer to come.
It was a lovely saddle and I was gutted when my pony changed shape and it no longer worked for her.
So I would assume all saddles are available in both colours if you ask for them. Check with the fitter.

TwinkleT

Visit site
When you hold as much stock as we do you have to choose, we make the other colour for each mode to order but they are much harder for us to sell on, we make the more popular colour.

Do you know how long the wait would be for a brown dressage saddle? I know I prefer brown but I'm also impatient! If there's one that fits I'll want it straight away!