Pictures Ahhh! He’s finally on his way and I am terrified/ rather excited!!

TPO

Visit site
Hes very handsome! Wishing you both every happiness

I bought a 2yr old unseen and admittedly he did arrive like a cruelty case but he's the best horse and an absolute star

Surbie

Visit site
What a handsome boy. He has a lovely face too. Hope you have a fantastic time.together. How big do you think he'll get?

ImmyS

Visit site
What a handsome boy. He has a lovely face too. Hope you have a fantastic time.together. How big do you think he'll get?

He already looks quite physically mature so thinking he might not actually grow too much more upwards! Although you never know! Both his parents were around the 16hh mark I believe.

ILuvCowparsely

Visit site
I have done something I thought I would never do and have bought unseen from Ireland. After countless hours spent scrolling through horse ads and trying to enquire about FB posts I wanted to give up, the horse market had just gone totally mad and it was hard to even get a look in plus I struggled to find anything I REALLY liked over here.

So I finally took the plunge and purchased a 3 year old from Ireland a couple of weeks ago and he is finally on his way - he will be arriving with me Saturday morning after a stabled rest in the U.K. Not ideal not getting him over quicker, but issues with transport cancelling last minute meant he ended up staying longer than planned, but hey ho! I did loads of research and spoke to multiple who people who had sourced horses from the same people and many photos and videos later I bought him.

So everybody meet Fin (named after his Sire) but is unnamed in his passport so open to suggestions! He is a 3 year old, 16hh RID gelding. Has been very lightly backed and hacked. Plan is for him to have some down time with lots of ground work when he arrives, get him gently hacking over the summer and maybe a couple of in hand shows before being turned away again in autumn.

I am so excited!!
Here he is -

View attachment 68391View attachment 68392
good solid boy, nicely put together I am sure we will here when he is with you and his progress

Michen

Visit site
Congrats. He's lovely. As the owner of two unseen purchases, both bought to sell and one here 4 years later and the other, well.. not likely to go anywhere any time soon either... I think what'd you've done is entirely sensible :)

Just be prepared to restart him from scratch if needed as it's amazing what they "forget" on the way over.. ;)

Quigleyandme

Visit site
I have a Fintan Himself chestnut two year old who is every bit as attractive as your Finn but really light in his frame so far. I saw a very young foal with the same breeding as mine last May and he could have been a clone they were so similar. Wishing you lots of joy with your lovely lad. X

jnb

Visit site
FA475CF8-EC9A-49AB-8891-3E23D6A50552.jpegHe's lovely!
I bought my cob unseen after losing my wonderful grey show cob Becks, Ruari arrived at 149cm and I wondered WTF had I done (for about a nanosecond)
Have never regretted it - he's a diamond. He's literally walked me through the shadow of the valley of death (sorry if that sounds a bit woo)
Everything I hoped for and more. I hope yours is every bit as good :)

Ceriann

Visit site
View attachment 68430He's lovely!
I bought my cob unseen after losing my wonderful grey show cob Becks, Ruari arrived at 149cm and I wondered WTF had I done (for about a nanosecond)
Have never regretted it - he's a diamond. He's literally walked me through the shadow of the valley of death (sorry if that sounds a bit woo)
He is lovely!!

Reactions: jnb

ImmyS

Visit site
View attachment 68430He's lovely!

he looks really lovely! I hope Fin turns out as good!!

Reactions: jnb