Aiming for Badminton Grassroots!!

*-greypony-*

Visit site
HI everyone, Just wanting a bit of advice!

My horse is starting the season a step backwards from last season (eventing). Our aim last year was to go novice. We achieved this but due to moving up to quickly it knocked my horses confidence she's only 14.3hh.
So I have decided to try and aim for badminton grassroots this season as my horse is very talented (imo) haha also so I have something to aim for.

My question is what's the best way to go about qualifying?

Any advice welcome :)

Thank you xx

star

Visit site
Assuming you didn't get any points at Novice as that would make you ineligible then you need to come top 10% in a normal BE90 ot top 20% in a normal BE100 before end of June, then top 20% at the Regionals later in the season.

Harry44

Visit site
sorry Star I re read your post and you had already said they needed the results by June and I got it wrong just double checked and it is the end of June!

*-greypony-*

Visit site
So just to make sure im getting this correct I need to be placed top 20% in any BE100 before the 1st of July.

Then will BE notify me of qualifying for the regionals?

Thanks for all the advice! :)

HazyXmas

Visit site
I thought it was top 10% even at 100? I'm also certain that's the case as we didn't get one for a 6th at Purston & i rung BE about it.....

Have just looked & copied this: Eligible horse/rider combinations that finish in the top 20 percent in each normal BE100 or BE 100 Open section held at BE events from 1st July 2013 to 30th June 2014

Looks like 1st July will be too late Lex....

Is this new? I wonder why we didn't get one for the Purston run? It's soooooo confusing, i'm amazed that anyone ever gets there.

Last edited:

star

Visit site
I thought it was top 10% even at 100? I'm also certain that's the case as we didn't get one for a 6th at Purston & i rung BE about it.....

Have just looked & copied this: Eligible horse/rider combinations that finish in the top 20 percent in each normal BE100 or BE 100 Open section held at BE events from 1st July 2013 to 30th June 2014

Looks like 1st July will be too late Lex....

Is this new? I wonder why we didn't get one for the Purston run? It's soooooo confusing, i'm amazed that anyone ever gets there.

They changed it for this year as not enough people qualifying for 100's Regionals.

HazyXmas

Visit site
Thank you Star, i was beginning to feel worried that daughter would find out i'd made a mistake!! I did wonder if they would change it as so often with the 100 the top 3 or 4 people aren't eligible. That had been the reason that i'd called BE for daughter's 6th, 4 out of top 6 couldn't take a Grassroots place, it seemed such a waste. Maybe this new rule will help us all :)