Aintree Grand National Meeting

YourValentine

Visit site
Just been reading the form guide, and some of Willie Mullens horses seem to be in for numbers not a real chance or even any form :( I hope like hell they all come home safely.

Crazy_cat_lady

Visit site
Many thanks, I haven't come across the stewards reports like this before. I see the lovely old boy Sire Du Berlais is also withdrawn. I had hoped that they would have retired him after his big wins last year, before anything awful happened to him.

He deserved to be retired Safe and well

I've done a pound each way on Coco Beach, Delta Work, Gallia des Litaux, Kitty's and someone I can't remember ATM

Unfortunately some of those are GE but I think he will win with one of his

Fraggle2

Visit site
I've had a little flutter on £2 ew on corach rambler (purely cause I backed him last year)
And £2ew on late night pass (I work nights so seemed fitting)

Gamebird

Visit site
Just been reading the form guide, and some of Willie Mullens horses seem to be in for numbers not a real chance or even any form :( I hope like hell they all come home safely.
I'm going to slightly disagree with you - the tight conditions for entry mean that they have to have form/ability to be entered, add that to the hoops that they have to jump through now in terms of the enhanced veterinary checks they have to have long before they even leave the yard and it is an awful lot of work, money and box-ticking to even get as far as the entry stage. I am not sure that any trainer will go through that for a no-hoper (and a true no-hoper wouldn't make the conditions of the race anyway).

It's probably hard as a punter as the results don't always tell the full story of what the jockey felt from the saddle, or the work that the horse does at home or when schooling. I could certainly make a case for pretty much all of the Mullins runners, and most of the Elliott ones. And certainly for places if not for the win. And every year long-priced horses fill the top 6. Look at Mon Mome winning at 100-1, or Balko des Flo's second a couple of years ago at 100-1. The pre-race analysis completely wrote both of these horses off, but they certainly justified their participation.

Clodagh

Visit site
Do you really have to say that every time? We know how you feel but she is a seriously good horse, brilliantly trained and ridden and could go on to be a superstar.
I think it should be mentioned every time. No one should ever forget what that man thinks of horses.
Beautiful mare (Shame about the trainer).

Maddie Moo

Visit site
I’ve added Vanillier and Meetingofthewaters to my bets on Cappodanno and Panda Boy. Only 50p E/W on each horse.

I imagine they might not be able to show it on ITV as RUK has the rights to the Aintree racing. Maybe there’s something in their contract that won’t let them?

Crazy_cat_lady

Visit site
Really interesting this analysis, I remember in the 90s early 2000s them going to the right of beachers but some going to the left so they were all spread out