Aintree Grand National Meeting

Gamebird

Visit site
Really interesting this analysis, I remember in the 90s early 2000s them going to the right of beachers but some going to the left so they were all spread out
The inside was always the shortest route, but had the biggest drop - and it was a REALLY big drop. It was known as the 'brave man's line' - you had to balance a shorter line vs a bigger risk. However as the drop was lessened the risk of taking the inside line also lessened, so more and more people took that line. There's virtually no disadvantage to taking it these days.

Spotherisk

Visit site
You weren’t on the Drash!? Hang your head!
On Strong Leader but have won on Dashel before. I can’t keep up with who doesn’t like who, always loved Ted in the past, and Willie now, understand the loathing for GE! But unless you’re actually working in the yards somehow then none of us probably know what really goes on, good, bad or distinctly average.

Crazy_cat_lady

Visit site
The inside was always the shortest route, but had the biggest drop - and it was a REALLY big drop. It was known as the 'brave man's line' - you had to balance a shorter line vs a bigger risk. However as the drop was lessened the risk of taking the inside line also lessened, so more and more people took that line. There's virtually no disadvantage to taking it these days.

Yes I can remember them calling it the brave man's route, it was quite the drop

I think beachers had to be reduced but it has led to the crowding. I'm surprised they didn't try reducing the field size before the fences

Andie02

Visit site
Do you really have to say that every time? We know how you feel but she is a seriously good horse, brilliantly trained and ridden and could go on to be a superstar.
And to add to this I think that it is unfair to begrudge an excellent hard working jockey his wins, and the team that do the hard work. Jack has had already in his young years 5 broken legs.

Kadastorm

Visit site
I’ve made it home in time for the National but think I will be watching behind a cushion.

Got two wins, a place and had Hewick on a lucky 31, with one more to go in the 5pm race.

Already had an outsider come in a place to bring me £4.31 😂

Clodagh

Visit site
And to add to this I think that it is unfair to begrudge an excellent hard working jockey his wins, and the team that do the hard work. Jack has had already in his young years 5 broken legs.
I do like Jack Kennedy.
I think unless he’s a spider though you should say ‘has broken his legs five times’ 😄

Jenko109

Visit site
I have tiny each way bets in Janidil, Glengouly and Minella Crooner.

Then a slightly larger, but still tiny bet on Panda Boy.