Aintree Grand National Meeting

Crazy_cat_lady

Visit site
I think CR was running around in the gap between the fence he fell at and the one after

One of JPs that pulled up at the end possibly looked slightly lame?

Snowfilly

Visit site
That was a race worth the watching. I’ll admit I was skeptical about reducing the height and while I don’t think it’s an equal test of a horse, it was good to see no fallers and horses finishing with plenty of running.

I think having an even smaller field with two non starters and then Corach going at fence 1 / 2 made it better as well, I wouldn’t mind seeing a permanent cap at 30 starters.

Gamebird

Visit site
That was just the perfect race. Kitty's Light ran a blinder (I won't be the only person that was worried that he would end up injured), Latenightpass ran well, Rachael got a place, David Maxwell had the best day of his life bar none, Corach Rambler is fine, the horse I rode out a lot a few weeks ago pulled up safely and the general optics were very good. And obviously no one deserved that more than the winning team, who are genuinely the best team there is 😍

Snowfilly

Visit site
That was just the perfect race. Kitty's Light ran a blinder (I won't be the only person that was worried that he would end up injured), Latenightpass ran well, Rachael got a place, David Maxwell had the best day of his life bar none, Corach Rambler is fine, the horse I rode out a lot a few weeks ago pulled up safely and the general optics were very good. And obviously no one deserved that more than the winning team, who are genuinely the best team there is 😍
David Maxwell is truly living the dream, I do admire him.

Tiddlypom

Carries on creakily
Visit site
I wasn’t going to watch, but did.

It was better right from the start, which was finally done for the benefit of the horses and riders and not for the braying drunken punters. The reduced field and the way the field spread out was far better than before.

I did almost enjoy it this year.