Aintree

OrangeAndLemon

Afraid of exorcism
Visit site
I caught the virtual past winners race yesterday and found it disappointing.

Some of those jockeys should have pulled up earlier, many of those horses aren't young! Quite a lot of refusals as well! I was worried about one who fell about 4 from the end, looked to stay down then when the camera moved to a wide shot the horse was nowhere to be seen. Was it behind screens? There was no update after to confirm all virtual horses and jockeys had made it virtually back to their stables. :D:D

Visit site
@Elf On A Shelf you're probably best to ask as you have connections with One for Arthur - are they doing the past winners parade this year or are they not able due to wanting minimal people there due to covid? I always enjoy seeing them all parade

No parade due to minimal people being allowed on the premises. But I think quite a few people gave video updates on past winners so they may play some of that? I know we did some for Arthur.

blodwyn1

Visit site
One of red rums victories is always marred by seeing in the background a Jockey
on a very lame horse. I remember shouting at the TV at the time get off that horse!

Crazy_cat_lady

Visit site
No parade due to minimal people being allowed on the premises. But I think quite a few people gave video updates on past winners so they may play some of that? I know we did some for Arthur.

Oh hopefully they show them then!

Can I ask what he will be doing next if they don't show his video?

The virtual horses were rather naughty lots of refusals ?

Crazy_cat_lady

Visit site
Arthur will be heading off eventing for a few years before returning to the yard for his full retirement when the time comes.

Oh that sounds lovely for him and how nice the yard are having him back when he fully retires i can imagine he will make a nice eventer.

I've gone for 6 bets, it's the only time I bet bar the very rare football one. A grand total of £1 each way on the following:

-Anibale Fly
-Taking Risks
-Any Second Now
-The Long Mile
-Potter's Corner
-Burrows Saint

Ruby Walsh has a nice cushty little office ? do the jockeys etc have to do covid tests?

humblepie

Visit site
Who wells up when they play the ‘Champions’ music? Gets me every time.[/QUOTE

A few years back at the RoR champs at Aintree the always a star parade was done to that music. My horse was in the parade and I was struggling not to cry it was so emotional.

Did anyone else notice at the start of the Aldiniti race there was one horse facing entirely the wrong direction when the starter let the, go. The jockey turned him round and the horse was a bit - what’s happening, oh they’ve gone, I better go too!

fankino04

Visit site
I've just realised how stupid I've been today! I normally do the ITV 7 on a Saturday and sometimes I convert it to an each way accumulator on sky bet as it does it just from a few buttons but I also fail at the smaller courses that ITV always end up having to add in a few races in from. Well today I thought I would bypass that and just go straight to sky bet and build an aintree only bet, still don't know how to do an accumulator online but found the placepot bet and thought it was the same, so 5 races in and the bet is still on with only the national left. I have now just found out what a placepot is and that the returns will be way less than the accumulator and ITV are only showing aintree races so if I'd done it my normal way I'd have a much better return or could have cashed out now.

Kadastorm

Visit site
Hope all come home safe and sound.

dreal deal let me down for £3300 in a 4 fold accumulator today ??‍♀️

hoping the ladies do well today ??

Crazy_cat_lady

Visit site
I do the ITV 7 as its free, 250k would have been nice. Unfortunately I've only had 3 out of the 6 win so far so am not winning 250k!!

I'd be even more sick though if I'd won all 7 but lost out on the new tie break they've added (pick the winning distance of the last race!) I'd rather share the money.

LeneHorse

Visit site
I didn't have a bet this year as I don't do online but I always pick a grey and a mare so I'm going for lakeview lad and magic of light. Fingers crossed they all stay safe.

Crazy_cat_lady

Visit site
Wow Rachel Blackmore!!

Unfortunately looks to be one certain fatality, Long Mile looks to have broken a hind leg i was focusing on him as I had him

I had 3rd and 4th

Kadastorm

Visit site
Rachael Blackmore, you beauty!! Jett really ran well for a long while.

Bryony looked to have a hard fall.

it doesn’t look good for Long Mile, I hope to hear good news

fetlock

Visit site
wow, Rachael Blackmore making history.

They really need to reduce the number of runners though. Some horrific falls yet again.

Crazy_cat_lady

Visit site
I couldn't see the faller at the chair behind the screens so hopefully he got up as he looked to be struggling on the floor

Unfortunately don't think it's good news for Long Mile that leg did not look good

Hope Bryony had her hat cam on loved watching her footage on Instagram of her Gold Cup ride