air jacket best for protecting neck/back of head?

impresario08

Visit site
Due to a health condition I need to be really careful about the back of my head and my neck - is there a particular air jacket which is better than the others for protecting this delicate area?

FfionWinnie

Visit site
Definitely hitair would do that. Every fall I've had I've had whiplash as I land on my back usually. However fell off a 17hh horse onto concrete and walked a way with a sore elbow only. Neck was completely fine. Quite astounding in actual fact!

tashcat

Visit site
Definitely Hitair!

I was chatting to one of the jump stewards at a horse trials last weekend who said he sees a lot of falls and how impressed he was with hitair's neck protection, especially in comparison to the others! He went and bought four for his family!!

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
The hit air has, I believe, a significant gap at the base of the neck between the higher air bag part and the lower.

The P2 is one piece top to bottom, no gap.

I would advise you to check both against your own problem, and have them inflated on you, before you decide.

Personally, if my neck was weak I would choose the more rigid P2, which inflates up to the base of my hat.

Shay

Visit site
The Helite locks on to the base of your skull cap when it inflates - if correctly fitted. The Point 2 is very similar (they used to be made by the same company) but the dimensions are slightly different. And it has to fit correctly to lock on. The Helite looks really impressive - but when I tried it I found the inflation forced my head forward in a way which could worsen injury rather than prevent it. But the jacket overall was also too long for my torso so that might be why. The best thing to is to try on the various options and have them blown up on you so you can judge the best for your particular issue.

Squeak

Visit site
I looked at all these jackets recently and decided that there was basically nothing between them and that all three companies have some brilliant sales reps who convince people that their jacket is better because it does x, y and z and the others are rubbish because they do a, b or c.

This shop has an amazing deal on new Point 2's so that was the decider for me in the end:

http://www.tackshop.co.uk/item/0000329892/point-two-pro-air-jacket-coloured

As you have an injury though it may be worth getting them all inflated on you to see if you think one of them would suit better than another.