Air Show Noise - Sandy, Bedfordshire 5th July

CaleruxShearer

Visit site
Please note The Suttleworth Collection have the Avro Vulcan displaying at 1400 ( 2pm) for 10 minutes on Sunday the 5th of July.

This is a bigger and noisier aircraft than those we normally fly and so may come as bit of a surprise if you are out riding! We have contacted local horse owners we are aware of but please bear with us for 10 minutes. This is the last year the Vulcan will fly and we are expecting a large turnout.

( It is also due at the Little Gransden display on August 30th )

3OldPonies

Visit site
The Vulcan is an amazing aircraft, and the volunteers have done a fantastic amount of work over the years to keep her airworthy. It's shame that this will be her last display season and there will probably be tears in the eyes of some of the crowd as she departs the show.

It is as Tiddlypom said very, very loud, one of the specialties of the 'act' is turning away from the crowd and going pretty much full throttle as it climbs away, this produces the 'Vulcan Howl' from the engines, a noise that is much loved by Vulcan fans and unique to this aircraft.

Most of the problems will probably be from Vulcan fans on the roads leading to the event rather than the noise though! It took us 3 hours of queuing last year to get into Dunsfold to see the Vulcan and the two Lancasters displaying there, it got so silly that they actually closed the car parks as the event capacity had been filled and there were still people out on the road!! We'll be leaving extra early this year.

(OK, confession time - I am a fan of this noisy big bird, and I'll probably have tears in my eyes too the last time I see it fly - pass the hanky someone)

DJ

Visit site
Oh the Vulcan howl ... another here who will have tears when she leaves for the last time.