Air Vest and hi vis

webble

Visit site
I always ride in my body protector and in hi vis. I love my body protector but it does get a bit warm and with summer coming I am thinking an air vest would be cooler. If I put my hi vis over it and fall off the Hi vis will stop the vest working. Is there an obvious solution to this that I'm missing?

Nessa4

Visit site
I always ride in my body protector and in hi vis. I love my body protector but it does get a bit warm and with summer coming I am thinking an air vest would be cooler. If I put my hi vis over it and fall off the Hi vis will stop the vest working. Is there an obvious solution to this that I'm missing?

Very large hi-vis, add your own elastic round bottom to stop it flapping?

Rlister89

Visit site
I have a long sleeved cyclist hi viz jacket and Wear my air jacket over the top. Also doesn't get too warm in summer with just a top underneath. Apparently I'm more visible doing that from the front of the horse to a normal tabard!

Batgirl

Visit site
Basically any thing that is velcro will come apart. If like me you hate velcro you just get a big one - I wear a bikers proper zip up one with a pocket for my phone and just got one several sizes too big - had my air jacket going off wearing it, no prob :)

case895

Visit site
I use an "executive" hi viz over my P2. It has a zip front, 2 pockets and a clear pocket for an access pass or.emergency details.

JustKickOn

Visit site
Tabard with the normal clip sides, extended to maximum stretch and just with one side clip undone. Never had issues and air vest still inflated fine (unfortunately tested by friend!).

Nudibranch

Visit site
Not an air vest but a BP, but same principle; I'm another who wears hi vis cycling tops underneath in summer. Then I have a light but warm hi vis goretex jacket which fits underneath for winter.