Air vests £185

SpruceRI

Visit site
I bought a Hit Air vest from a motorcycle shop for a similar price to that. I am very pleased with it as couldn't afford anything else at the time.

Daytona

Visit site
Thanks so much for that...............

Really good piece of info.

Wished id of seen it though before i forked out £395 for my one :-(

I seen them being demo'd at a motorcycle show a few weeks ago, they appear to be pretty much the same in my eyes just less than 1/2 the price. They were touting them as suitable for both bikes and horses.

Im gutted as only got mine at Xmas

Daytona

Visit site
Only difference i can see is the hit air and 2 point quote

0.25 seconds inflation time - with a * Saying approx ie they cant say for sure

Moto air states 0.20 to 0.50 which is more realistic , i guess they could of put a * and said approx rather than a range.

So appears to be zero difo in inflation times

It does not have coccyx cover, though , that is the only difference i could see, and I have seen both inflated , as i have a hit air and i seen a demo of the motoair inflated.

So is £200 extra justified by coccyx cover..?? I guess thats for the individual buying one to decided, me personally if id of seen these before i bought mine id of rather saved the £200 and purchased one of these.

I thought the most important part of the vest is the neck anyway, thats what i was told at demo of the 2 point anyway.

Nicnac

Visit site
Interesting. The BE rule book states

7.4 Inflatable/Air Jackets. if a Competitor chooses to wear an airbag style body
protector, it must be worn over a permitted body protector.

so they do not name nor forbid any particular make of air jacket as long as the level 3 body protector is also worn. So from that we can surmise that the motorbike jackets are allowed.

Daytona

Visit site
Interesting. The BE rule book states

7.4 Inflatable/Air Jackets. if a Competitor chooses to wear an airbag style body
protector, it must be worn over a permitted body protector.

so they do not name nor forbid any particular make of air jacket as long as the level 3 body protector is also worn. So from that we can surmise that the motorbike jackets are allowed.

motoair actually sell its as a equestrian vest as well as motorcycle, same as Hit air, its the same vest, only 2 point sell as a equestrian vest only.

I bought the hit air for my motorbike the only difference was the lanyard that comes with it is longer than the one they supply when you say its for equest purpose, so i paid £20 and they sent me the shorter lanyard so i could use it with my saddle but TBH on difference in length is marginal anyway.