Albion High Head v Low Head - silly questionn

kerry1

Visit site
I think the answer to my question is obvious but am interested in buying an albion dressage saddle I am assuming the high head is suitable for high withered horses and low for more flat withered horses - does it also impact on the deepness of the seat?
Also was wondering wether to go for the albion or try the bates innova have tried a friends albion w slk on my mare and it seemed to fiit her reasonably well (constantly have a problem with saddles slipping forward on her).
Any of you experiences/comments would be greatfully accepted!!

ihatework

Visit site
The low head is I think their standard one, and yes the high head has been adapted for long high tb type withers. The range of tree/panel shapes on Albions is really improved over recent years.

Best bet is to find a saddler that stocks both the Innova and Albions, it's not until you sit in them that you can really tell what you like. I have just been dressage saddle shopping and love riding in the Albions but absolutely hated the Innova, wouldn't have paid £1 for it!

kerry1

Visit site
Thanks - unfortuately where im situated its very hard to find a saddler with any dressage saddles! and as ive tried the albion I think I'll go for that - all my saddle shopping tends to be on ebay so its great to get unbiased feedback!!
Thanks again

pennyh

Visit site
when i bought a new saddle last year i was really keen on the innova , until i rode in it! i found it very restrictive , good on position but too restrictive for the average leisure horse or lower end dressage horse where you want to do alot of rising trot imo

i actually bought an ideal suzannah , on the basis that i love albions but it rode & is so similar & about £500 cheaper

if you happen to be in the market for a second hand albion i have a 17.5 MW albion legend 5000 dressage saddle for sale , good condition havanna ( outgrown by my boy & redundant for nearly a year now ) pm me if you would like more details

kerry1

Visit site
Thanks Pennyh for your reply - I was really going to treat myself to a slk or slk ultima - I do appreciate your offer the thanks for the infor re the innova - im sick of making expensive mistakes re saddles!!