Albion K2 Dressage Vs Albion Legend Dressage??? Please!

nicky_jakey

Visit site
Anyone have any experience / thoughts on the differences between these Albion dressage saddles?
I'm keen for a second hand dressage saddle & saddler has both these in stock so just wondered what the differences are?

Thanks
smile.gif

Wiz

Visit site
Used to have a K2 and was fine as first dressage saddle and better for flat than trying to do it in jump saddle but you will find the legend gives you a much better position, leather is better quality too and is stuffed with pure wool which the K2 isn't (though you can get saddler to change that and doesn't cost much) I would see if you can have a sit in both as it's always a personal thing which you and horse feel best in

nicky_jakey

Visit site
Thanks both for your replies!

I'm slightly limited in my choice as I'm trying to find second hand & a medium - narrow fit. My TB isn't the easiest to fit to, so need to go through a saddler & these are the 2 she's currently got in stock 2nd hand.

Sounds like the Legend may be the better choice of the two on paper. Obviously I need to ride & she needs to fit both, so this will have a big influence on the decision.
smile.gif

soupdragon71

Visit site
I've just traded in my lovely old Legend narrow/medium dressage saddle with flair - I was very sad as the horse it fits (narrow TB) is now retired from competition but my new horse (WB) is a bit too wide for it. They are lovely saddles - fantastic deep seat which really hold you in a great position. They seem to fit TB's very well.

smile.gif
Tried a K2 but restricted my (old) horse's shoulder - the Legend is a straighter cut so sits well off the shoulder - really recommend them (especially if flair fitted! My old horse could be very tense and he really relaxed and stratched over his back with it).