Albion K2 GP saddle - whats your thoughts

Lorian

community.webshots.com
Hi everyone

A bit of a weird post but i have an Albion K2 GP saddle for my 16.2hh, 4 year old and i wondered what peoples opinion of this saddle is?

Im asking as both myself and my riding insructor ride my horse but i seem to struggle sitting in it more than her.
Im 5'6 and size 10/12 and its a 17.5inch saddle so it should fit me but i seem to move around in the seat a lot.
I seem to slide forward so then i slide myself back but then my shoulders tip forwards and it seems to hold my leg too far back.

Have other people ever had similar problems or is it just me?
Ive tried a suede seat saver and its better but im not sure whether its something that will get better when his balance gets better when hes older or if i should look at changing the saddle but it fits him well.

blitznbobs

Visit site
I have this saddle to jump my cob in and although I prefer his dressage saddle it's fine - I'm 5 5 and am a 10 to 12 (weigh just under 10 stone )...

pony&cow

Visit site
I have a 17inch and im 5ft 4 size 8-10 and I love it.
Sadly got to sale it though, the old boy has changed shape : (

Billy the kid

Visit site
If your sliding about in it does it fit your horse properly? you can feel like your being pushed forward or backwards if the saddle doesnt fit.

leflynn

Visit site
I found my albion a very large roomy seat and although I was moving in it it felt like I had too much space, otherwise I loved it :)

Polos Mum

Visit site
If you think the seat is too big but it fits your horse why not borrow a thick seat saver - one of the gel ones they take up quite a lot of seat, then if it feels better you'd have your answer

Tilo

Visit site
I have the old style K2 GP (Legend) and it is the most comfy saddle ive ever sat in.

It puts me in a really good position, so ive not had any problems.

fatponee

Visit site
I've owned both a 16.5" and 17.5" and been happy to ride in either (I'm 5' 2"). Echo Billy the kid above - is the saddle correctly balanced on your horse?