albion k2 jumping saddle - any good?

lea

Visit site
Has anyone used this saddle to jump 1m+. If so what are your thoughts as I am interested in buying one for affiliated jumping. Thanks

disco

Visit site
I'm not a fan of Albion because I found them to be too bulky.

I tried the k2 but didn't like it to ride in. It was far too padded for me.

In the end I bought a close contact Amerigo which I absolutley love!

Halfstep

Visit site
I don't like them personally as I find them very bulky and I prefer a more close contact feeling for jumping. There is something odd about the seat as well. I school a horse weekly who has one of these and tbh I dread riding in it.

applestroodle

Visit site
i used to have one but i sold it, biggest regret!! it was great for jumping in had huge knee rolls that kept u glued in, brilliant for going down drops or big jumps! it was very heavy though but all albions are i think?!

lea

Visit site
I used to have a wintec close contact saddle as my horse was still growing and I found the seat in that ok. My saddler says though my horse does not suit a too forward cut which rules out the bates and a number of others. She has told me to stick to english saddles for english shaped backs!

Crewe saddlery are bring a k2 next week but I have also asked to see the ideal impala and jeffires f1 if they have it. Finding a new saddle is a nightmare.

Quarrybank

Visit site
I love mine.
grin.gif
Especially if you're tall like me, it has large flaps & knee rolls & is very secure. It's also v v comfetable. I evented to PN with it.

samp

Visit site
I used to hate mine but once I got used to it I now love it. It keeps you secure with horses that have a tendency to have ad odd jump etc

ihatework

Visit site
I love my K2 jump, but if you like really flat close contact saddles then you won't like the K2. The K2 has big thigh and knee rolls and a slightly deeper seat than a flat CC saddle. Makes hacking out bearable though unlike the flat saddles!

KatB

Visit site
Loved it on my pony, hated it on my horse. My pony I needed a "glued in position but not really "ride" " saddle, my horse i need a saddle I can ride him in, and found it too bulky, I was fighting against it all the time. Doesnt give you much freedom...

Ruggers

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I love mine.
grin.gif
Especially if you're tall like me, it has large flaps & knee rolls & is very secure. It's also v v comfetable.

[/ QUOTE ]
i agree completly i love albion.