Albion Selecta saddles - any experience?

Angelbones

Visit site
The saddle fitter is coming first thing tomorrow morning to fit a saddle to my daughter's pony. He is very excited as he has found an Albion Selecta saddle to try. Doe anyone else have one? Any good? Comfy? Waste of time / money? Just thought I'd get any feedback before he comes.

Many thanks folks x

Trubie

Visit site
I didnt like mine with the dressage knee rolls on and have just part exd it, but then i dont think it fitted me very well!

They are great though if your not into just one disipline as so easy to change and good value
smile.gif

langside

Visit site
ive had two i think there great value for money at the time i got them couldnt afford two seperate saddles for sj and dressage for the two horses i had - you get to choose what type of knee roll you want on the saddle and pay extra for any others you want/need

i find them very comfy but i think it depends on what type of saddle you normally like (for instance i find stubbens uncomfortable)

its really handy if you event and need a quick change around between phases
i used mine upto novice level BE and managed fine
i still have one (its about 5 years old now) but had to get a more forward cut saddle for xc/sj as i found the jumping knee rolls didnt offer enough support when jumping bigger courses(1.15m plus) for me

the only problem ive had is where the popper is on the saddle the leather eventually wears due to it sitting where your lower leg is but i think thats just more to do with the amount of abuse/work ive got from it

if you want any more info pm me

bellaboo

Visit site
I have one and love it, changing the knee rolls is really easy and i find it very comfy, looks smart too!

Sadly i now have mine for sale as it no longer fits
frown.gif