Aldi - it's all your fault ...

CrazyDazy

Visit site
So this is my very first post - I'm a long-time lurker and only really have an account so I can see people's photos!

I read the thread about the special horsey buys at Aldi this week, so before work today I went along and spent FAR too much money on horsey stuff, including fleeces, gillets, country boots, coats, jods ... all stuff I kind of needed (I tell myself) but I wouldn't have bought it - at least not all in one go - if I hadn't read that darned thread on here.

So thanks a lot HHO ... ;)

Limbo1

Visit site
My daughter and I have matching jobs from Aldo, pink and blue. Ok on a seven year old but a bit less good on her mum. But they were cheap!

CrazyDazy

Visit site
Gosh, I'm the same, I only went for the hi vis gilet and a hat and I came back with the jodhpurs and the country boots too!

Haha! Sounds like me! Although I looked at the stuff on the website beforehand and thought 'I'd like one of those, and one of those, ooh, and one of those ...'

IM GOING AFTER WORK ;-P !!!!!!!!! What's the quality of the boots like?

They're actually really nice - I'm normally a size 5 but went for a 6 as they were a bit tight on my calves - but that means I can wear thick socks! There was a lady trying some on at the same time I was, and she said she had a pair of Dubarrys but found the Aldi ones more comfortable! For £20, a bargain IMO

Hokuspokus

Visit site
IM GOING AFTER WORK ;-P !!!!!!!!! What's the quality of the boots like?

They seem really good. I wasn't going to get them if they seemed pastic-ey but they look good. My shop only had about 5 pairs though , I had to root about for mine as I'm only as size 4 and it was the only pair they had.

CrazyDazy

Visit site
my Aldi also had no boots left by 12.15

I'm so glad I got my act together and went before work then! It's very horsey around here, I'm sure a lot of the equestrian stuff would have gone by now, and certainly the boots. I don't know if they had more stock but there were only about 20 pairs in the 'bin'.

minigammo

Visit site
ill probs get told off by hubby if I buy more boots. mind u they could always hide in the boot of my car along with my other buys he doesn't yet know about... introduce them to the house slowly and he doesn't tend to notice :)

Pinkvboots

Visit site
The boots are okay I don't think they will stand up to a great deal though as only plastic but they can't be any worse than some of the wellingtons they sell for ridiculous money that don't last, I bought loads of clothes and jodhpurs I might even go back for the coat it's only £20 and it's not too thick I find some are just too warm for riding, if anyone has not been yet the navy zip up teddy fleece is really lovely it's really fitted and looks much more expensive than £12.99.

CrazyDazy

Visit site
ill probs get told off by hubby if I buy more boots. mind u they could always hide in the boot of my car along with my other buys he doesn't yet know about... introduce them to the house slowly and he doesn't tend to notice :)

That's why I'm single ;) Get a bit of mud on them first and he won't notice!

The boots are okay I don't think they will stand up to a great deal though as only plastic but they can't be any worse than some of the wellingtons they sell for ridiculous money that don't last, I bought loads of clothes and jodhpurs I might even go back for the coat it's only £20 and it's not too thick I find some are just too warm for riding, if anyone has not been yet the navy zip up teddy fleece is really lovely it's really fitted and looks much more expensive than £12.99.

I gave up on buying expensive boots and them not lasting - if I pay £20 for a pair I don't expect them to! I got the coat, though not worn it yet. Like you I was after something thinner, more for waterproofing than warmth. I normally wear my running jacket (which also has the advantage of being bright orange) but it doesn't have the double zip so I can't undo a bit at the bottom. Glad to hear about the fleece - I got one of each!

9tails

Visit site

I'm at work, unable to get there until 7pm but I won't be too disappointed if there are no boots left from your description. I've never worn wellies.

Mrs G

Visit site
Save some stuff for me! I'm going to Aldi after work: I desperately need to replace some of my riding gear (crotchless jodphurs anyone?! And I tore one of my fave tops last week when the Beast ditched me)!?

Brightbay

Visit site
They have also upgraded their HiViz gilets, and now they have two way zips. My only complaint about them in previous years was that I couldn't open them from the bottom when I was riding.

I'm the same - went to buy a new gilet. Came out of shop with a waterproof jacket, a pair of country boots, a pair of jodhpurs, and a long sleeve polo shirt. I normally buy 7 in boots but got 6 as they were quite generous size on the foot. I don't care that they're not leather or waterproof - I prefer not to buy leather when there's a half way decent alternative, and these actually looked very nice.

I thought I'd better stop at that point, so bought two packets of the nice Kallo rice cakes to persuade OH that I was really food shopping...

When else can you buy a complete new horsey wardrobe for £60?

glamourpuss

Visit site
I went to buy cake for work colleagues at 9am, the equestrian bit was rammed. Only 6 pairs of boots left & I managed to get the last size 6 & some lovely socks.
The woman on the check out said the equestrian stuff is always one of their best sellers & that when they opened at 8am there were people queuing to get in. In the first hour pretty much everyone she served had bought the boots.

I only wear full seat breeches so didn't look at the Jods.

TwyfordM

Visit site
Got some jods and socks! Country boots looked nice but having gigantic feet (8.5) none in my size. Does anyone else find the tops/jumpers jump from an 8-10 to a 12-14? I'm a 10-12 so always too big or too small!

Annagain

Visit site
Got some jods and socks! Country boots looked nice but having gigantic feet (8.5) none in my size. Does anyone else find the tops/jumpers jump from an 8-10 to a 12-14? I'm a 10-12 so always too big or too small!

Yes I'm a decent size 14 and have to buy the 16-18 as the 12-14 is really small. The 16-18 is a bit big but I'd rather them too loose than too tight.

elliejhb

Visit site
I went midmorning, no Boots - couldn't even see a price label for them.
I got a pair of jods (quite thin considering they call them winter jodhpurs) and some socks.
Liked the idea of the gilet, but the white beast is limited to the school at the moment due to his spooky bolting ways!

MyBoyChe

Visit site
I managed to get a pink gilet, long socks, some brown jods and the blue zip up fleece. Its the first time Ive been and was pleasantly surprised by the quality, for the money they look perfectly OK for day to day riding. There was a big empty gap where the boots had been at 2pm :(

ponydi

Visit site
No boots left when I went either, but daughter got 2 pairs of jods which look like really good value - better quality than others we've paid twice as much for

Pinkvboots

Visit site
That's why I'm single ;) Get a bit of mud on them first and he won't notice!

I gave up on buying expensive boots and them not lasting - if I pay £20 for a pair I don't expect them to! I got the coat, though not worn it yet. Like you I was after something thinner, more for waterproofing than warmth. I normally wear my running jacket (which also has the advantage of being bright orange) but it doesn't have the double zip so I can't undo a bit at the bottom. Glad to hear about the fleece - I got one of each!

I think I might get down there tomorrow and pick up a coat you can't get them for that price anywhere else, I really love the blue fleece hope you like it:)