Aldi special buys

Merrymoles

Visit site
I've had an email from Aldi saying it's equestrian special buys on Sunday.

However, friend has a leaflet showing women's breeches (navy and beige) will be included but the email only shows children's. I'm in dire need of some new everyday breeches so am wondering whether it's worth making the trip to Aldi or not.

I did wonder if the email only shows stuff available on-line and there will be other items but really have no clue. Anyone know more than me?

Shay

Visit site
It is quite chancy - and depending on where you live a scrum - trying to go in person. Its much easier to order on line.

PapaverFollis

Visit site
Oh fiddlesticks. I'm away this weekend! Wonder if there's an Aldi near where we're going. Love my Aldi jods but they have got so much wear now they need replaced!

Nasicus

Visit site
Odd that they're only showing the kids Jods online, I could do with some more jods myself, all mine are looking a bit ragged and stained haha

Blixen Vixen

Visit site
I have found their jobs to be too short and also baggy so won’t be getting again. It doesn’t help that you can’t try them on, of course they can be brought back buts that’s a pain really.

henmother

Visit site
I am a big fan of the aldi equestrian range . Their , "country boots ," were an epic fail , but if you're on a tight budget I'm sure they'd do the job . Found the jods a great fit , and they wash great . My aldi jods have fared better than my Harry hall jods that were probably double the price. I've got the denim jods which are as smart as the day I bought them . Got the high viz jods, whilst the quality isn't as good , for the price , cant really grumble . The socks are good , I've bought hats , snoods , body warmers . This time round there seems to be a lot of kids stuff , which is disappointing.
There is no way I'd go to my local store , it's like a flipping jumble sale , being elbowed in the face is no fun ! It's online , with free delivery, or nowt for me . Good luck to all that venture out to shop in real life .

Meredith

riding reluctantly into the sunset
the sat-nav is wrong, go farther up the hill
Visit site
I have found their jobs to be too short and also baggy so won’t be getting again. It doesn’t help that you can’t try them on, of course they can be brought back buts that’s a pain really.

I bought Aldi breeches, checked with the cashier that this was OK. Used the loo in the shop as a changing room, went back to the checkout and said ‘these don’t fit, may I change them’ They didn’t have the other size so gave me my money back.

Nasicus

Visit site
I am a big fan of the aldi equestrian range . Their , "country boots ," were an epic fail , but if you're on a tight budget I'm sure they'd do the job .

I actually picked a pair of these up recently, they had a couple pairs in the reduced old stock section, so picked up a pair for £12. And for pootling around the yard they seem okay. Not sure they'd handle any real abuse, but for £12 they do the job when my more expensive Muckboots have been left outside in the rain haha. Wouldn't have paid the full £25odd they were originally though.

Pinkvboots

Visit site
The clothes are good but the boots are not waterproof and they do say that to be fair I use mine for popping outside late at night when in my pj's and they have been fine but I wouldn't muck out or walk in wet fields in them.

Just wanted to say you can tell they won't stand up to much they feel like your wearing slippers lol there very easy to get on and off so handy if you need to go outside quickly

Last edited:

Abby-Lou

Visit site
I was just thinking the other day I need some new jodphurs I hope they are not wacky colours time to stock up, you can't fault them for the price. Thank you for the heads up

henmother

Visit site
I actually picked a pair of these up recently, they had a couple pairs in the reduced old stock section, so picked up a pair for £12. And for pootling around the yard they seem okay. Not sure they'd handle any real abuse, but for £12 they do the job when my more expensive Muckboots have been left outside in the rain haha. Wouldn't have paid the full £25odd they were originally though.

You left your muckboots out in the rain, oh no !! I did buy a pair , well a friend grabbed a couple of pairs . Usually a size 7 but they were like shuggy boats , size 6 fitted fine. Yeah , for £12 , they'd be ok for dry conditions doing yard jobs .
I hope your muck boots have dried out without any damage , I'd be crying if I ruined mine, they are so warm and comfortable.

Nasicus

Visit site
You left your muckboots out in the rain, oh no !! I did buy a pair , well a friend grabbed a couple of pairs . Usually a size 7 but they were like shuggy boats , size 6 fitted fine. Yeah , for £12 , they'd be ok for dry conditions doing yard jobs .
I hope your muck boots have dried out without any damage , I'd be crying if I ruined mine, they are so warm and comfortable.

It happens more often than I'd like to admit! :p They dry out soon enough popped on top of the radiator :)