Aldon Report

Sarah_Jane

Visit site
The eventing season finished on a reasonable note for me. It was Rags 2nd run PN and a bit of a step up from his last one.

We stabled overnight and boy did it rain in the night it probably sounded worse in the lorry but the poor lads stable was soaking as well in the morning where it had blown in.

We were last to go in our section and the dressage arena was muddy. He did a reasonable test but the judge obviously liked him and gave him a 31 which seemed quite generous.

Show jumping is his weakest part as he is difficult to settle still. He took off at the first fence and by fence 5 we had 3 down! Luckily I managed to settle him after that and he jumped the rest clear. He can be difficult to SJ as he doesn't like his mouth being touched and if you check he has it in front if he gets long he pulls it down behind. That is my winters homework as he has a good jump.

XC he was great and flew clear jumping confidently into the water. He even coped well with the corner despite suicidal course walkers wandering accross in front of it a few strides before he jumped it! He's turned out for a holiday now.

Saw MDM who had done a good dressage in the PN3D and BB. Time to start the chores now!

LEC

Opinions are like bum holes, everyone has one.
www.youtube.com
Well done you - sounds a good ending to the season. Hope next season goes even better for you.

tw1nn1ejo

Visit site
Well done and what a fab note to end the season! You must be pleased
smile.gif
x