Alfalfa free chaff?

EllieBeast

Visit site
Hi, I was wondering if anyone knew of a reasonably priced alfalfa free chaff? My youngster is half appaloosa and seems to have inherited the alfalfa intolerance. Am not feeding her a chaff at the moment but would like to have the option!!

Cheers!

Goldenstar

Visit site
Readigrass can be used as a chaff or try halleys ( online ) they do chopped oat straw and chopped Timothy hay.
Honeychop do a plain chopped oat straw as well

pines of rome

Visit site
See if you can get Graze On, made by Northern Crop Driers so easy to get hold of. It's lovely stuff, plain grass and smells lovely, the only chop I'll buy. http://www.northerncropdriers.co.uk/products

Just started my boy on this, he is barefoot and I also wanted to avoid alfalfa, I am only giving a small amount but it is nice and he likes it,I mix it in with his Kwik beet

EllieBeast

Visit site
Great, cheers guys! That looks like a very good alternative thanks maesfen, will look into that. I like the idea of keeping it all as simple as possible, all mine have is grass nuts, beet and micronized linseed so staying molasses free would be a bonus!

lucymay9701

Visit site
Just chop is good aswell - just dust extracted meadow hay and oat straw with nothing else added. Its very economical - the bags are huge! We use a mixture of this and the graze on.