Alfalfa free chaff

ShadowHunter

Visit site
Looking for an alfalfa free chaff as horse has started not wanting to eat her halleys timothy hay chop, i think she's become a little bored. I don't mind a little molasses as she wont be fed buckets of the stuff. Just enough to hide her supplements. I've heard that mollichaff is supposed to be alfalfa free? It seems to be a bit of a mind-field.

TGM

Visit site
What about one of the grass chaffs such as Graze On or Readigrass? Or what about Fast Fibre or Speedibeet - not chaffs but both alfalfa free and useful for mixing supplements into.

tallyho!

Following a strict mediterranean diet...
Visit site
Halleys timothy hay is just a type of grass chop. It has no alfalfa in it.

Why don't you try another type of grass chop? Top Spec do grass, most merchants sell their own brand.

saddlesore

Visit site
I've recently gone back to feeding molichaff after years of feeding Alfa a and hi-fi. He is barefoot and his feet are the best they've been in a long time. Starting to wonder about alfalfa...

equa39

Visit site
saddlesore can i ask which Mollichaff products are you using? Sorry don't mean to hijack the thread, I'm trying to keep my tb gelding barefoot and am wondering about alfalfa as many barefooters don't like it, yet its supposed to be good for ulcers, etc (he's and ex-racer so want to keep any eye on that as well), so basically I'm looking through the mine-field of horse feeds and wondering what to do. Want to keep it simple, no mollasses, sugar / starch under 10%, a chaff / beet feed plan with supplements

ilvpippa

Visit site
I use mollichaff calm for my newly barefoot tb girl. It smells great & haven't had nearly as many sore days as I thought.