Pictures All change here for me and Arlo. Hopefully for the better!

ImmyS

Visit site
Due to personal reasons I moved Arlo to a new yard just over a week ago. I was terrified as any one who has followed our story a bit knows that Arlo is a bit of a nervous chap and I was worried the move would upset him and we would have some old issues rear their ugly head again.

Well... I should have had more faith as he’s been a dream since the moment he set foot on the yard. Totally chilled in the field, calm and easy on the yard and has just been a pleasure to ride both alone and with his new friends, everybody just loves him 😀

We also now have the use of a school which is rather exciting and I think a couple of short sessions a week is going to make the world of difference to our progress. We have spent the week mostly hacking having nice canters across the tracks and today we had our first jumping lesson since the move and he was just fab. I really am lucky, considering he had just turned 5 he really is so level headed and easy to have around.

A few pictures and videos from out first week.

8piZyZd.jpg

tmVQFyZ.jpg

Dl2VwYw.jpg

ImzBsrf.jpg

Last edited:

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
excellent, I am sure you will see your successes accelerate with the use of the school too. I only ever used it once or twice a week but it was revolutionary after field, or field.

ImmyS

Visit site
Thanks guys for all the comments, it really means a lot. It’s taken blood, sweat and many tears to get here but he really is just a fantastic little horse. Just needed a bit of patience and understanding. I love my pony! ❤️🐴

ImmyS

Visit site
What a beauty, he clearly loves his jumping :)

I think he does, this is only is 4/5th time over fences. The first couple of times he was pretty clueless. But he’s starting to really show a bit of flare for it now. Starting to take me into fences and understand what it’s all about. I’m hoping he’ll be my little eventing cob! 😀

Antw23uk

Visit site
I think he does, this is only is 4/5th time over fences. The first couple of times he was pretty clueless. But he’s starting to really show a bit of flare for it now. Starting to take me into fences and understand what it’s all about. I’m hoping he’ll be my little eventing cob! 😀
I dont think you need to 'hope' I think he will be cracking. I was going to say about the height being so low but thought it rude as not everyone jumps big but only his 4th time? Thats impressive, he is a little pro already :O)

ImmyS

Visit site
I dont think you need to 'hope' I think he will be cracking. I was going to say about the height being so low but thought it rude as not everyone jumps big but only his 4th time? Thats impressive, he is a little pro already :O)

Thank you! Yes keeping things very diddy at the minute as I’m a wuss and he’s only been over a few fences since breaking. Just working on both our confidence and keeping relaxed but I don’t think it will be long before he’ll be ready for a bit more 😊

Mahoganybay

Visit site
Just love posts like this, we all know that most of the time it’s bloody hard work having horses and when the going is tough we long for the day when we can say ‘I love my pony’. Enjoy it ☺️

And your pony’s face says it all really, he looks so happy in the photos, you are obviously doing everything right.

hobo

Visit site
Lovely looking horse and what a great teacher keeping it small and not frightening him will set him up for life.

ImmyS

Visit site
Just love posts like this, we all know that most of the time it’s bloody hard work having horses and when the going is tough we long for the day when we can say ‘I love my pony’. Enjoy it ☺️

And your pony’s face says it all really, he looks so happy in the photos, you are obviously doing everything right.

Thank you, it definitely makes all those moments of frustration worth it. A good day with horses is just the best feeling in the world isn’t it? 😀

ImmyS

Visit site
Lovely looking horse and what a great teacher keeping it small and not frightening him will set him up for life.

Thank you, that’s the plan and the rules I’ve tried to stick to with him - never move on until he’s 100% comfortable with something and it seems to be working well. It helps he’s so honest and a quick learner though 😊

dogatemysalad

Visit site
What an absolute cracker. He's the kind of horse that makes horseownership fun. Well done for producing such a nice youngster.

Mum4b

Visit site
What a gorgeous boy!
Glad to hear that you are both settling in to your new yard. He looks like he has really taken to jumping, and I'm sure you are both going to have a lot of fun as he continues his education.
Good luck to you both.
Cobs can!!

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
What a nice update, pleased for you both.

Some yards are just 'right' the moment the horse arrives, aren't they?

ImmyS

Visit site
What a nice update, pleased for you both.

Some yards are just 'right' the moment the horse arrives, aren't they?

Yes just felt so right, it’s a lovely quiet yard. For the first time ever I’ve actually been having to push him away in the field as he just wants attention and love. Normally he’s completely aloof and disinterested. It’s a nice change in him 😊

ImmyS

Visit site
Lovely! Although he seems to be sporting a pair of flippers at the moment!

If you’re referring to hooves then yes he’s had quite a bit of hoof growth this cycle, farrier due out next week. Rocking crunching over all surfaces and happily tramps around 13 mile fun rides on all terrains - probably more pressing equine welfare concerns to bring to attention 🙈