All you showing people!

pixiebee

Visit site
I have aquired a lovely 5 yr old coloured pony. 12.2hh pony. I want to do a little bit of everything with him and fancied a bit of showing with him. Im not an expert when it comes to showing so can someone please tell me what sort of classes to enter and what tack/clothing to wear? Also how would I present him i.e plaited or natural? and do I need to remove his leg feathers or not???? Also forgot to add, he has the tip of one ear missing from roaming wild, you can see in one of the pictures, it really isnt very obvious unless someone points it out to you. Will this severely effect him?
254.jpg

247.jpg

252.jpg

Last edited:

**Vanner**

Visit site
Coloured classes are usually open to all types or split plaited and traditional. I personally think he would be better trimmed and plaited.

Tweed jacket, cream jods and plain brown tack.

Most important though go have fun :)

P.s. Don't think the ear will make a jot if difference. He's cute.

Visit site
I couldn't figure out what everyone was on about with him having a bit of ear missing! It's can't be that obvious as it took me 5 mins to see what they meant and I have eyes like a hawk when it comes to things like that so I don't think you will have any worries on that score. I knew a small riding horse that was placed in the top 6 at HOYS with a great chunk out of his ear from and idiot that tried to clip him as a youngster. Needless to say he always got doped to clip from then on in!

ridersince2002

Visit site
I would plait and trim him, try some chaps classes- lots of local shows run their classes.
Inhand-
Pony: inhand bridle, check chaps bitting rules if you do a chaps class.
You: Dark trousers, tweed jacket

Not sure abouttack for ridden coloureds as have never shown a coloured under saddle :eek:

If you wanted to affiliate i think PUK and BSPS do coloured classes too.

And i have a feeling PUK do an inhand potential dressage/ sport pony class, its run in 2 sections- i think their 3 yrs and under and 4 years and over so could do that as he looks like he could become a sporty type- not sure whether its the larger ponies that do that though, not sure how hed fit in as i normally only do m&ms!!

And lots of local shows do handsomest gelding classes that i think he might be pretty succesfull in though :D

Stinkbomb

goldenoakmochachino.blogspot.com
My mini stallion Inky has lost about 1.5cm of his left ear after a colt got out in the field with him and bit it off :mad: it is still slightly bald on the top. It has made not one difference to his showing career and upto now nooone has noticed!!!! You can tell as the "pointyness" has gone and it is rounded.

Go for it!!!

maisieblu

Visit site
Nice pony and if you are doing unaffiliated shows then you have the class options of
Best turned out
Best condition
Coloured
Partbred M n M [as he looks as if he possibly is or may even have a passport saying so]
Novice
Handler [usually only junior]
Fun type classes
Plenty of choice for you there and for these classes he should be trimmed out ..tail pulled, trimmed legs and plaited though not absolutely necessary at this level
If you are doing Affiliated classes [those with a qualification to a championship show..BSPA,CHAPS,Puk,Equifest etc], he would be described as a small native type and should be shown untrimmed and unplaited but neat.

For yourself at any show...
Hacking jacket [or if hot a waistcoat]
Hat, [riding,trilby, Aussie leather] hairnet
Gloves,brown
Shirt and tie..to match jacket
Beige or black trousers
Comfortable boots
Stick

For him
Snaffle with cavesson noseband plain browband

I hope I havent missed anything and I hope you have fun!