Allen & Page Veteran Vitality

Stenners

Visit site
Does anyone feed this to horses who aren't Veterans? Allen and Page came out with their weighbridge and recommended this to my 8 year old Connie and said to ignore the Veteran part!

OlderNotWiser

Visit site
We feed it to our 12 yr old. He looks fab and it’s the only conditioning feed that doesn’t go straight to his head!

Reacher

Visit site
Does anyone feed this to horses who aren't Veterans? Allen and Page came out with their weighbridge and recommended this to my 8 year old Connie and said to ignore the Veteran part!
Does he struggle to keep weight on? Any idea why?

I wouldn’t worry about the veteran label.
It’s one of those feeds that gets a bad rep on here but my veteran TB mare came out of winter looking much better condition on it than previous years

Stenners

Visit site
Does he struggle to keep weight on? Any idea why?

I wouldn’t worry about the veteran label.
It’s one of those feeds that gets a bad rep on here but my veteran TB mare came out of winter looking much better condition on it than previous years
She's like a hippo in the summer but gets quite lean in the winter but she's not a huge fan of hay - she much prefers grass!

Surbie

Visit site
It’s one of those feeds that gets a bad rep on here
Out of interest, why?

My RDA group has the whole herd on Veteran Vitality - ages 8 - 29, predominantly mid-teenagers.

I've had my good doer on Veteran Light for about 18 months now and he looks fab. I don't feed much though and get through 2 sacks a year. It smells lovely, soaks fast and I like that it has pro/pre-biotics in it, as well as that I can reliably hide wormer in it when needed.

Mamamia

Visit site
I have two 4 years olds, a 6 year old and a 19 year old on either Veteran Light or Veteran Vitality, depending on whether they need condition or not. They prefer the Vitality, so I feed that if I need to hide any wormers, medicines etc. 😆

gallopingby

Visit site
It depends on your horse. I fed it to two of mine one winter and they went totally bonkers!! Haven’t used it since but when one went to stay with an ex jockey friend for a few weeks to get fit they fed it with the same consequences. Nearly had to go and collect the horse the next day. Back to normal once the A&P was stopped.

Ricedance

Visit site
I feed lite for my oldie, he is a very good doer and super fussy but likes it, fast soak helps me out early mornings. I don’t feed much and only use 2 bags a year

Birker2020

Visit site
Yes I used to feed it to Bailey, but noticed she was getting quite plump from it so I switched her to the Veteran Vitality Light but she stopped eating it as it wasn't as tasty.
Its a very palatable feed and when people on the yard wanted to give bute to their horses they borrowed some of my VV and their horses wopped it down. She was 22 when I first started her on it. But I tried my 11 year old on it and he loved it too.