Allergic to Turmeric?

spotty_pony2

Visit site
Anyone had any experiences with a horse being allergic to it?

Recently started my Appy on him, and noticed these past few days he has had veins showing on his legs which don't usually and today the front of his back leg (slightly above hock) was puffy, no heat or mark from an injury though - so wondering whether he could be having a reaction to the Tumeric?

What does everyone think?

keri66

Visit site
My friend's mare was allergic to it
Was absolutely fine when taken off it.
She contacted the feed company and was told they had never experienced adverse reactions to it before

Last edited:

MuddyMonster

Visit site
My horse wasn't allergic per se, but he reactef terribly to it. I took him off it and he was fine again within a couple of days (I tried two other times in case it was other external factors & the same thing happened).

I think it's like anything, it's not a "wonder cure" for everything - although I do think it's incredibly effective in a lot of cases - and everyone.

Sukistokes2

Visit site
Worked wonders on mine, no issues, although he had a sore tongue , which I solved by mixing it all up in fast fibre. Didn't work for my friends horses at all, so it's horse for courses I think. Although our Indian head teacher has started our pe teacher on it, makes it up for him, seems to have helped his bad back ! :)