Allergies in dogs

Sandstone1

Visit site
This is a bit of a strange one. Last week let dogs out for last wee. One dog came in coughing and choking violently. Like kennel cough but more violent and came out of nowhere. checked throat etc couldnt see anything. Was just about to rush to out of hours vets. Then she calmed down and stopped coughing. overnight had a couple of coughing fits but not as bad. sleepless night but apart from being a bit quiet seemed ok. When i gave her a little breakfast she started coughing again. Got early vet app. vet said kennel cough. Gave her 5 onisor tablets.
Cough got less during the day but dog quiet in herself. Later in day vomit and diarrhoea. Next day face swells with allergic reaction. Off to out of hours vet. Again says kennel cough and possibly reaction to tablets. Given paracetamol omepreazole and anti sickness injection. Told to stop onisor and if any more swelling give piriton.
Swelling goes down and dog brighter in herself. Next day more swelling allergic reaction. Rang vet told to give piriton. swelling goes down dog fine in herself.
Came in today and more swelling.
I think the cough was possibly due to eating something or being stung by something not kennel cough at all but why the reaction coming and going? Going to have to see vet again but its very odd.

SAujla

Visit site
My vet gave Loxicom when my dog had kennel cough and that seemed to help her. It did take her about 10 days to recover with some days worse than others. She had a lot of sickness whereas other dogs in the area who had it didn't so maybe it varies with each dog?

Dopeydapple

Visit site
Could there be something in the house or the garden that they are getting repeat exposure to hence symptoms fade when not exposed and on anti inflammatory or anti allergy meds (cough could be inflamed airways) but then dog is exposed again so symptoms return?

Sandstone1

Visit site
Could there be something in the house or the garden that they are getting repeat exposure to hence symptoms fade when not exposed and on anti inflammatory or anti allergy meds (cough could be inflamed airways) but then dog is exposed again so symptoms return?
I have been trying to think of something and have removed one bush in garden. It all seems to stem from the coughing episode. I think shes probably either been stung or eaten something but its very odd.