Allerton Park Ground

stencilface

High upon a hillside
Visit site
I would think it would be firm at the minute as I'm not that far away, having said that its forecast showers for the rest of the week so should be enough to soften it up.

Allerton park has a great grass covering though, and and old parkland I would think it would hold up well :)

Horsemad12

Visit site
I can live with firm ish or even firm, just don't want rattling hard which is what we have at the yard at the moment.

Neither do I want the kind of ground we got at ALW either.

I am so fussy!

What day are you on? I am there on the Sat.

Gamebird

Visit site
Sat Novice - M_M is there that day too I think. We could have a wee party!

No, not ALW ground, definitely not. My horse loved the XC, I thought it was a leg-breaker. Neither of us liked the SJ! He's definitely showing a preference for firmer ground at the moment.

jodie :)

Visit site
I'm 20 mins away and the ground here is quite soft, but firm in places, due rain over the next few days though. I'm not going but good luck to those that are!

Horsemad12

Visit site
I'm 20 mins away and the ground here is quite soft, but firm in places, due rain over the next few days though. I'm not going but good luck to those that are!

I think you have had more rain recently than we have had in the midlands, by the sound of it we will be OK.

AnShanDan

Visit site
I know we are a few days away, but does anyone have an idea what the ground is like?

Worried it may be a bit hard.

Hard ground? What is that like? I can't seem to remember such a thing ;)

Looking forward to Allerton very much. Last event of the (so called) season for us.

georgiegirl

Visit site
I'm in york and the ground is firm but I wouldn't say its rock hard and as its on good old established parkland I think the ground will be fine. Really looking forward to it.

I'm competing there on the saturday too but like charliemouse its going to be an early one!

Ludi-doodi

photobucket.com
It's on old park land from what I remember. I was dressage stewarding last year nd the ground despite quite a bit of rain in the days before, over the weekend and 500 horses later it still looked good and hardly cut up at all by the end of the weekend. I walked the xc and it had held up really well. You'll find pics of last years courses on shoestring eventing.

I'm fence judging on Sunday this year.

Good luck to all!

stencilface

High upon a hillside
Visit site
Just to say its been tipping it down all afternoon here, so should be on the good - softer side for this weekend I have though, certainly not concrete :)

georgiegirl

Visit site
yep tipped it down all day here in york too and I think the ground has needed it!

Good forecast for the next two days so fingers crossed by the weekend the going will be perfect :)

DarkHorseB

Visit site
Gutted to be missing it - had to WD as horse is out for rest of season :(

Coming to watch on Sunday though :D Believe they have an Olympic fence on the advanced track.

Good luck to everyone competing

stencilface

High upon a hillside
Visit site
Interesting from my end, something about a dead rabbit, he thought i was looking for the finish flags, I told him I was just looking at a dead rabbit, must have thought I was a bit strange. So when you go through the finish, spot the dead rabbit :D

Novice looked ok I think, will be lovely on that ground :)

georgiegirl

Visit site
The novice course is lovely GB! I was very enviously eyeing it up on my walk round - next year for us for sure!!

Intermediate course is certainly well built, had an interesting converse with mr stark too :eek: :D

ha stencilface - its funny I was talking to my mum and Wildcard on the way round that one day in my lifetime my ambition is to do an intermediate - we went for a nosy at those down hill hedges (think its number 4 or something like that) the first hedge in the trees looked lovely til we saw the bloody great monster at the bottom of the (very steep!) slope eeeeeeeekkkkkkk! :eek:

Gamebird

Visit site
It's always been a 'moving up' track from Nov upwards, but I think that all of Ian's are :D. Did you spot the Olympics fence?

stencilface

High upon a hillside
Visit site
My friends husband was trying to persuade her to do the alternative at those hedges, but I just told her to man up and get on with it, I can say that knowing I'll never be doing it ;) :D

That said, I'm there for confidence and striding distance prowess, not to make her doubt herself. I have walked many intermediates this year, and there are certainly easier ones than Allerton :)

Didn't see Olympic fence no,will have to have a look on sun :)

georgiegirl

Visit site
Yep the blue barrows at the last :) think the logs near the water are from the olympics too??

C'mon stencilface we want to hear what Ian said!

stencilface

High upon a hillside
Visit site
Nothing, he just asked if I was looking for the finish and I said no I was looking at a dead rabbit. To be fair to me, I don't normally look at dead rabbits, but it looked like a mixy one and I was just checking it was dead.....

I then asked if he was going to put the flags next to the dead rabbit.....

:)