Alltech Lifeforce ???

kafkaf

Visit site
Hi, does anyone use any of the Alltech Lifeforce supplements? I'm thinking of trying the Formula version on my gelding. Any views?

Puppy

Visit site
I got x3 months worth on special offer and would say it made absolutely no difference at all to my horse, and I think it was a waste of money!

JennBags

HHOSS Wonder Woman
Visit site
I absolutely love it. When I first started using it, my horse was very spooky and had terrible feet, but no longer. Sometimes I'm tempted to take him off it and see how he is without it but I'm not sure I want to take the risk of him reverting to a monster with crap feet who needs shoeing every 4-5 weeks.

kafkaf

Visit site
JB that's interesting - what were your horses feet like before you used Alltech? My boy only seems to grow just at the toe and (no heel growth), and he has thin soles which bruise easily :-(

I absolutely love it. When I first started using it, my horse was very spooky and had terrible feet, but no longer. Sometimes I'm tempted to take him off it and see how he is without it but I'm not sure I want to take the risk of him reverting to a monster with crap feet who needs shoeing every 4-5 weeks.

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
JB that's interesting - what were your horses feet like before you used Alltech? My boy only seems to grow just at the toe and (no heel growth), and he has thin soles which bruise easily :-(

You might be better off with one of the no iron/manganese, high copper/zinc/magnesium supplements originally formulated by barefoot people. The two best known are Pro Hoof on eBay and ForagePlus, who have a website.

Few people report no change on those, which are specifically formulated for most British grazing, which tends to be too high in iron, blocking copper, and affecting insulin use and ruining feet.

If you haven't also run a Cushings test, I would, as thin soles and weak feet are a possible sign.

kafkaf

Visit site
Thanks ybcm. Cushings test done 6 months ago - negative. Vet ran bloods earlier this year & commented "boringly normal"! I've been using the Forage Plus Hoof & Skin balancer for 2 years now - still crap feet! I was intrigued by Alltech Lifeforce as I wondered if it would meet both his hoof and tummy requirements (previously had gastric ulcers).

ycbm

Visit site
Thanks ybcm. Cushings test done 6 months ago - negative. Vet ran bloods earlier this year & commented "boringly normal"! I've been using the Forage Plus Hoof & Skin balancer for 2 years now - still crap feet! I was intrigued by Alltech Lifeforce as I wondered if it would meet both his hoof and tummy requirements (previously had gastric ulcers).

That's really interesting. Do you feed yeast? I think I'm right on saying that the FP one has no yeast in it. I always feed yeast because it has two different effects resulting on less inflammation in the gut. I wonder if just adding some beers yeast 50g or yeasacc 15g. and see if that helps?

kafkaf

Visit site
Thanks funny you should say that as I ordered some yea sacc from Forage Plus yesterday! Thought it would be a good additive for tummy but didn't know it would help feet too?

ycbm

Visit site
Thanks funny you should say that as I ordered some yea sacc from Forage Plus yesterday! Thought it would be a good additive for tummy but didn't know it would help feet too?

I ran out once. I had two horses at the time. One went footie, the other didn't. The one that sent footie was a stressy horse, the other was very calm. I think it helps some horses a lot.