Almost a how much

Nic

Visit site
Sorry guys I know this most get boring but looking for thoughts.

We are considering selling my 14.1 pony as we think he would enjoy life more doing Pony Club stuff again rather than just hacking & Mum & I could both use something bigger to compete on.

So here is the important stuff.

14.1 12yo 110% bombproof hack, tractors, double deckers ( I mean it, he has been 30 yards away from a helicopter taking off & didn't bat an eyelid!)
I have never managed to fall off him in 5 years! done all PC activities including camp/ beach rides etc. Nearly always DC sj up to 3', no RedRum speed wise but a nippy little thing in jump offs. Loads, clips & shoes like a lamb Total confidence giver

BUT, he can be a git to lead in from the field & will drag the leadrope out your hand if he thinks he can get away with it.

He rarely tries this with Mum & I now as we use a Be nice halter & a lunge line but think he could well start again with someone who wasn't firm with him.

Here is a pic with V wobbly little sis (lost interest):

Angus.jpg

So apologies for the essay and do you think A. he is saleable & B what would you pay?

Thanks again

Claireg9

Visit site
yep most definitly sellable, id of known someone if he was 10y/o, but there very specific it isnt older.
Because of his coming in from the field problem id say no more than £1750 - £2000 absolute maximum.
He looks gorgeous and seems to be perfect to bring youngsters on, but he may frighten some with his lack of respect on the lead rope.
Love him though,
Good luck x
P.s. if only i had the money id have thousands of horses by now!!!

JessPickle

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
You did'nt say how old.

But I would guess minimum of £2500.

Interested to see what others think.

[/ QUOTE ]

she said 12yo

AmyMay

Situation normal
Visit site
I think that little horses like this are worth their weight in gold - and personally If I was looking for something like this would be prepared to dig deep.

However, presumably nice long term home is more important than money - so I would say around the 2.5 - 3K mark.

Nic

Visit site
how much would you say Jess?

Forgot to say all his rugs( Fal, masta etc) would be included & bridle & saddle available, not sure whether we would include his saddle yet or hold on to it incase it fitted any new horse.

Just a thought for the moment though.

Nic

Visit site
Thanks AM home is definately a priority and we would prefer (if poss) a family so he could be passed down the siblings. He would also be ideal for a lighter adult to lead a childs pony off of.

Claireg9

Visit site
if he has some tack and rugs then id say upto £2.5k.
Sorry if i was a little low im not so good at these things, but i do think horses are a little overpriced at the mo so fall into the wrong hands, if you dont want this to happen id definitly stay a little lower get more interest and be more choosy over who has your boy.

Bri

Visit site
Sounds very similar to my first pony, who we sold a few months ago.
We got £3250 but he didn't have any problems with leading/handling. As someone has already said, safe and genuine kids ponies are worth their weight in gold. We were ambushed with literally about 100 calls, so I can't imagine you'd have much problem selling yours
smile.gif