Almost in tears I'm so proud!

The mad TB

Visit site
My forum name is apt, Conn is nothing short of an idiot.

I bought him as an under-nourished 6yo with no muscle, no idea of schooling and no clue as to what to do with a carrot or a hug.

He napped, he bucked, he reared so high he nearly fell, he bit, he kicked, he stopped, he span, he refused to go into the school, to consider working, to tie him up was impossible, the farrier was nearly killed but what I was most upset about was that I could barely touch him without him flinching away.

This was supposed to be my future star, together we were supposed to make it.

He wasn't even 6, he was 4.

I honestly cannot remember the number of times I have considered selling this horse, every ride would end in tears of frustration.

And now 5 months, 1 week and 2 days later we jumped 1.20m down on the cross country course, no hesitation, no napping, he just flew.
And when I got off him (in true child style) I threw my arms around him and he leant into the hug.

I cannot believe that we have come this far and I'm so grateful that I didn't give up. Maybe we might make it yet? Watch this space ;)

Holly Hocks

Visit site
Wow that's amazing! And five months isn't even that long to deal with all that behaviour. Sounds like you've got a star in the making. :)