Alnwick Ford Be event

VRIN

Visit site
Does anyone have any thoughts they can share on Alnwick Ford BE event - am thinking of doing the BE80 but will be our first.

Thanks in advance

Goldenstar

Visit site
Have not done it as I don’t compete anymore but I have used the course for schooling .
It’s a nice a event and I would say it’s suitable as a first 80 .

Goldenstar

Visit site
It’s not old parkland but it’s well looked after . The land the course runs over is little used so not compacted it’s clay and might be slippery when wet but nothing out of the way .
Showjumping will be I think on a surface ( do check that though )

AnShanDan

Visit site
It's a fair way up from the A1, actually quite high ground, basically moorland. The venue is nice, the SJ is on a surface, indoors or outdoors. The whole event is pretty compact, dressage, SJ and XC start all near the lorry park.
The XC is quite undulating and runs through a kind of valley/dip at the beginning and end, I guess anywhere can get wet/slippy, but I did see a couple of horses slip coming up the hill just before the water last Sept. One girl actually came off as she rounded the corner, so watch that if you go :)

Chiffy

Visit site
We went last year at the end of the season. My daughter did the 100 and son in law the novice. The show jumping was indoors, huge arena. The xc was undulating and twisty in places. Ground was fine. Everything well run.