Alrightie then - WEG predictions

teapot

Visit site
for Eventing, Show jumping and Dressage - I don't know nearly enough to comment on the other disciplines
blush.gif

I think the Germans are going to be tough to beat on home soil in all 3 disciplines.

I think we'll come home with medals from eventing, whether team or individual or both. Showjumping - it'll be a case of performing on the day and dressage - not sure really

Santa_Claus

www.katiemortimore.com
Eventing: If Tam behaves for William he will be hard to beat and i reckon it will be Germany, GB, France for the medals though it will be close between us and the germans.

Dressage: I think with Isabell's top ride Warum Nicht out Holland could pip Germany for the gold as Anky could really pull up the team. Individual Anky will undoubtbly take both now but Isabell would have had my money to upset the odds in the special but not now with her riding Satchmo. (there are two individual medal sets now for dressage one for the special one for the Kur.) GB on a extremely good day could battle for the Bronze but I think the spanish, USA or swedish teams will be far more likely.

Showjumping: Well with Arko and Mondrian out we will have to fight hard for a team medal BUT if our horses jump as well as they are capable of jumping we could be in contention for any of the team medals. Germany will indeed be the team to beat and I wonder whether the atmosphere of Aachen may be a bit much for a few of our team horses.

The individual final is going to be the event to watch. I can see Marcus Ehning being a cert for the individual final and possibly the one to be beat for the gold. Meredith could well be in there, and I would like to think one of the brits could pull it out of the bag to get in there, previously I would have said Nick but I'm not sure Russel can maintain the form required over the entire competition.

Its going to be exciting to watch all three disciplines (and the rest but i also know little of them), annoyingly got offered tickets to go watch the Kur plus some of the eventing as YO pulled out at last minute due to losing groom but I don't have a valid passport nor the money to go so couldn't
frown.gif

Bossanova

Visit site
Eventing-
teams gold to australia, going to be hard to beat
silver to GB and bronze to france or germany
Individual- gold to clayton, sliver to wfp and bronze to zara

CastleMouse

Visit site
Eventing - team gold to Australia, silver to Germany, and bronze to France. individual gold to Andrew Hoy, ind. silver to William Fox Pitt, and bronze to Andrew Nicholson

CastleMouse

Visit site
Show Jumping - Team gold to Germany, team silver to America, and possibly bronze to GB. Individual gold to Marcus Eigning and then I'm REALLY unsure.

Dressage - Team gold to Germany, Team silver to the Netherlands, team bronze to GB. individual gold to Anky van Grunsven, ind. silver to Isabell Werth, and ind. bronze to Edward Gal.

Endurane - Ind. Gold and Team gold both go to UAE!
grin.gif