Alternative to hay net

supertramp

Visit site
HI, currently use a small holed net for my EMS boy, im not keen on nets and am looking for another way to feed hay, he is shod, and i would like to feed from the floor, hpwever he is like a hoover and his ration would be gone very quickly if it was just left in a pile. Any ideas gratefully received.

Pearlsasinger

Up in the clouds
Visit site
I loathe nets and will only ever use them for travelling so when I needed to 'reset' an obese Draft mare (bought that way) I gave her a small hay ration , split into 3, as she was kept at home, along with plain oat straw chaff so that she could eat to her heart's content. To keep the hay off the floor, she had a haybar.

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
hay balls/hay roller
with some of the non net floor feeding options you do have to be careful of tooth wear on grills.
eazigrazer?

ElvisandTilly

Visit site
I’ve just bought myself a harmony trickle feeder from Herbies Yard online and it’s great! So much easier to fill too as I hate filling hay nets! Cost a fair bit but so far I feel it was well worth it for a horse on box rest who I was rationing feed but making sure he wasn’t left without something eat.

Jnhuk

Visit site
Parallax hay saver is what I am using now with their normal insert rather than the really small one. I have also used their hayballs when I was having to soak hay and really restirict rations for my EMS lad.