Alternative to metaslim?

Haphazardhacker

Visit site
Got a very good doer. Am exercising as much as possible but can only lightly hack her in walk and trot due to old polo injuries.
Vet wanted me to try metformin and to add cinnamon to diet and magnesium to help give her a boost to her weight loss.

She refused to eat her feed when I tried her on metformin and I had to give that one up so I found this feed from simple systems which has the cinnamon and magnesium added which allegedly helps reduce fat pockets and helps them lose weight.

Anyway I am now looking to move her off of it as it’s niggling me that the Lucerne/alfafa in it may be making her itchy. She has been itchy for a good couple of years and when I think about it, it started when she started coming in for winter one year which was when she started having fibre blocks made of Lucerne some nights.

So I would like to move her away from Lucerne/alfafa for a bit to see if it reduces the itchyness she is currently also on a handful of senior lite (was using up the bag before moving 100% to metaslim) and Agrobs muesli, does anyone know if these contain alfafa?
Any suggestions for feed for good doers that doesn’t contain alfafa/Lucerne please?

Pearlsasinger

Up in the clouds
Visit site
The Agrobs muesli doesn't because we considered it for our alfalfa intolerant mare but then found that it contains carrots - and she was very sensitive carrots, which are also in it!

We had a mare who wouldn't take meds so we mixed the powder with drinking chocolate or custard powder and water and syringed it into her, like a wormer. Would that work for metformin?

Haphazardhacker

Visit site
Hey, tried syringe method and she was fine for a week then started getting wise to it and now she is impossible as well as a nightmare to worm. Vet said to stop as it was causing too much stress for something that may not even help.
This is why I tried metaslim as it has cinnamon and magnesium ( other magical things for fat pad loss) already added but the alfafa is concerning me and i am happy to add cinnamon etc to feed myself.