Alternative to Pro Balance for horse with crap feet and mud feve

Hawks27

Visit site
After a year on a diet I am happy with and a management routine that seems to have resolved his issues it appears they have stopped doing pro balance just as I am running out!
I have looked at alternatives before and given his chronic mud fever I haven't swapped as pro-balance seemed to have the best levels of zinc and copper his feet have also improved which is great.
He is currently fed unmollased chop micronized linseed and pro balance in summer and unmolassed alpha a pro-balance, linseed and unmollased sugar beet in winter as he needs help keeping weight on. he has organic home grown hay as required plus plenty of good grass.
He leaves me on Saturday for 6 weeks professional starting and I was thinking of adding ers pellets or organic oats if he needs oomph but will leave that up to trainer.
Can anyone recommend a good supplement(s) to replace the pro balance that will help keep mud-fever at bay and continue to improve his naffy feet

Oberon

Visit site
Have contacted the makers of Pro Balance +. They are still making it. They ran out of stock yesterday and replacement stock has been delayed by a few days. They should be able to complete orders this week. I'd demand TWO Curly Wurly's with each order ;)

NellRosk

Visit site
Have contacted the makers of Pro Balance +. They are still making it. They ran out of stock yesterday and replacement stock has been delayed by a few days. They should be able to complete orders this week. I'd demand TWO Curly Wurly's with each order ;)

Thanks Oberon!! Can relax now after just sending them a very panicked eBay message :D

Hawks27

Visit site
Sorry for the panic, i'd googled and ebay search and nothing came up I would of expected an out of stock listing or something not for it to just disappear which panicked me as horse goes away on Saturday for 6 weeks training and I obviously wanted to stock up on everything before dropping him off will have to drive over with it when they get it back in stock as only has a week or 2 supply left. there is such a price difference between pro hoof and pro balance and I just couldn't afford the extra £20 when hes already on quite an expensive diet and im working 3 jobs to fund my projects

Oberon

Visit site
I would of expected an out of stock listing or something not for it to just disappear

I asked about this and Ross said eBay was being a pain and wouldn't let them put a 'none available' listing on.

I got a reply from them both within 20 minutes of asking what was going on ;)

Hawks27

Visit site
they list the specs of each on the listings when it comes back up and when I did a comparison I was happy pro balance was enough considering the ~£20 difference I couldn't see the additional benefit of the pro hoof for my lads requirements

Oberon

Visit site
I use Pro Balance +. I find it works just fine for 'normal' horses.

If I had a horse 'out of balance' then I'd use Pro Hoof until I got the gut and hooves sorted and then I'd go onto Pro Balance + with yea-sacc on the side.

jessieblue

Visit site
I use pro hoof and my horses feet have changed remarkably since starting this and taking shoes off! I dont think he is a "normal" horse as he had gastric ulcers diagnosed and we think some lgl issues, so I will continue on this for the time being. I wondered is it worth adding some yea sacc as well? I give him linseed and seaweed and fast fibre as a carrier. Anything else that may help support his tum??

dianchi

Visit site
Pro hoof has yea sacc as I understand it, I hadn't even realised that pro balance would be suitable or the price dif! Will def swap over next month!

TPO

Visit site
JB- I'd stop the seaweed. High in iron (bad unless major soil deficiency) and needs for a ' normal' horse should be fully met by your pro balance.

OP- look at Forage Plus range of balancers. They seem expensive but they are sold in 5kg bags and when I worked it out they were better value per Kg. Their specs are available on their site too.

muff747

Visit site
Only one person recommended Equimins Meta Balance, which I use as I switched from Pro Hoof because of the price difference.
Is there a reason why MB isn't recommended any more? Just asking, wondering if I missed something?