Alternative to Respirator Boost.

PapaverFollis

Visit site
When did it get so expensive? ☹

I find it works so well but I'm not sure it's sustainable! Is there a cheaper option that would work for maintainance? I'm scared to take her off any breathing supplement while she's stabled at night... have usually ended up with a coughing horse and having to buy respirator boost anyway most winters. Was feeding as a preventative this winter and so far no cough but... I could just suck it up because ventapulmin would cost more!

But if anyone has any ideas I'll gladly consider them.

albeg

Visit site
I use balsamic air for my guy - for him it's been better than respirator boost (which worked well, but just not quite as well). About 30 euro a bottle, mine lasts approximately a month, so a euro(ish) a day.

GoldenWillow

Visit site
I've been using it for the last year along and found it to be the only supplement that made a difference. I'd noticed it had gone up last week when I went to get some more, I usually buy it from a local store as they were the cheapest. I've just ordered some from Hyperdrug, it was £26.29 for 1 litre free P&P over £49. I too am scared to take him off it having had 3 years of breathing problems although mainly pollen related.

PapaverFollis

Visit site
I've ended up getting the Equimins equivalent stuff... Will report back! I did think the Balsamic air looked good but it was still quite dear and from a different supplier than I would usually use (Can't do change!)

albeg

Visit site
I've ended up getting the Equimins equivalent stuff... Will report back! I did think the Balsamic air looked good but it was still quite dear and from a different supplier than I would usually use (Can't do change!)

It's not the cheapest all right, but similarly I'm not great on changing things when they're working! Hope the equimins stuff works well!

NinjaPony

Visit site
Following with interest. Mine has been on respirator boost for several years and it really has worked amazingly well, so I’m interested to see if any other supplements come close.