Alternative views......

{97702}

Visit site
Dobby the House Greyhound......

16996078_10155398328669587_7041367242488014422_n.jpg

And a greyhound imitating a chicken....

16864252_10155395184894587_6516775384762565768_n.jpg

:D :D

Flick is a real sweetheart really, she is 10 years old now and I have 'owned' her for over 8 years, I love her to bits :) :)

PS - in case you are worried about her looking so pink, unfortunately it is a result of her being white, she is very thin skinned and sensitive! I promise I keep a close eye on her and cover her with antiseptic cream etc as required...she has been to the vet quite often when I have been worried :)

{97702}

Visit site
Scrumptious!

Not nearly enough blankies in that second picture though, I'll have to report you to the pointy police. :p

In all seriousness, I worry about my large pointy dogs - they (whispers!) don't like blankies :eek: :D :D The only one who will go under the covers and snuggle up is Amy, who is a whippet x greyhound-ish-sort-of-thing....

Teaselmeg

Visit site
Beautiful girlie doing a nice spatchcock chicken impression lol xx

My lurchers would pack their bags and leave home if I took away their duvets and blankies !!

LD&S

Visit site
They are both gorgeous but I think Dobby gets top marks if for no other reason than the lovely pose.
I have a white and brindle boy and the white bits that have pink skin are often very pink especially if he's warm and he doesn't do blankets either, hates wearing a coat too, he spent most of the winter going out naked though I probably shouldn't admit he goes out in the rain without a coat.

seaofdreams

Visit site
Beautiful girls, I can't believe I have had my girl a year now, I would love another! not sure I could be without a greyhound now. My girl loves being under a blanket, she won't put herself under it, you have to put it over her, she then tucks her nose in and is happy!

silv

Visit site
Beautiful, elagent, graceful dogs looking very relaxed. Pleased to say that they are becoming increasingly popular here in NZ now, some really good work being done to raise their profile.

madlady

Visit site
My Jessie is now very jealous of your gorgeous girlies because they are allowed on the furniture.

Love the chicken pose 😁

{97702}

Visit site
Thank you all for your lovely comments - and such a relief to hear that Flick isn't the only pink white-coated dog :) :) she is the first white dog I've had & I still can't used to how her skin reacts even after all these years!

I had to smile about them getting up on the furniture - I think I would have a mass rebellion if they weren't allowed up, even though they have loads of duvets and snugly dog beds of their own :) luckily leather sofas seem to cope quite well

splashgirl45

Lurcher lover
Visit site
comfy sofas are essential for all long dogs!!!!!!especially next to a human slave who will stroke and cuddle them.....i really miss my lurcher as i have the sofa to myself now....my collie cross is happy with the floor, my old lurcher would have been horrified if she had to sleep on just a carpet.....your greys are all beautiful but i love the pic of your black girl...

Cinnamontoast

Fais pas chier!
Visit site
Ha, Dobby! So true!

My lot do the springer upside down sprawl, Bear has quite pink skin like your girl. I call it wuss skin. After scrambling through brambles, it gets pussy little spots, he's pathetic, bless him. Brig's fur is like armour, nothing bar barbed wire bothers him!

{97702}

Visit site
Ha, Dobby! So true!

My lot do the springer upside down sprawl, Bear has quite pink skin like your girl. I call it wuss skin. After scrambling through brambles, it gets pussy little spots, he's pathetic, bless him. Brig's fur is like armour, nothing bar barbed wire bothers him!

Yep that is it CT! Seriously, you don't know how relieved I am to find that a lot of white haired dogs are like this - she is pathetic too! as the others are black and fawn respectively they don't have the same problems...

Do your dogs sunbathe at all? Flick gets an increase in her black spots (rather like freckles?) when she sunbathes in the summer - naturally I am convinced she will get skin cancer :eek:

sam_m

Visit site
Lévrier;13498646 said:
Yep that is it CT! Seriously, you don't know how relieved I am to find that a lot of white haired dogs are like this - she is pathetic too! as the others are black and fawn respectively they don't have the same problems...

Do your dogs sunbathe at all? Flick gets an increase in her black spots (rather like freckles?) when she sunbathes in the summer - naturally I am convinced she will get skin cancer :eek:

My Rox sunbathes despite having several spots set up in the garden that are shady and cool, she too gets an increase in her "freckles" vet has told me to keep an eye on them and any concerns take her in but to use sunscreen on her pinker areas.

LD&S

Visit site
Lévrier;13498646 said:

Both current and previous dog got an increase in black skin in the summer but neither spent a great deal of time laying in the sun but they were/are often out for 2-3hrs a day but a lot of that in the warmer weather was spent lying in the shade.
If I could remember how to do it I'd add pictures but am a bit of a numpty with technology.