ALTIOR

splashgirl45

Lurcher lover
Visit site
as he has done so well, i cant really enjoy it as i worry that he will have an accident, he didnt meet the last very well and my heart was in my mouth. he is amazing!!!! also loved seeing bryony frost win again, she is so good when interviewed and must be doing racing good..

Mariposa

Visit site
What a horse! But my heart went out to his lad, Robin, who also looked after Josses Hill, who they lost today. I'm not sure what happened, he collapsed after race. Just so very sad on an amazing day. Nicky Henderson put it so well on twitter, " There are no more words to describe #Altior so thank you for your very kind messages and Colonial gave us the double. However we lost a dear old friend in Josses Hill who was part of the furniture at Seven Barrows & he’ll be sorely missed. Condolences to the Spences & Robin Land"

bonny

Visit site
Not as impressed with altior as I was with Bryony Frost and Black Corton, what a partnership they are and to ride like that on her first ride back is amazing. Altior isn’t the horse he was and hopefully a rest and going further will be what he needs. Shame he didn’t meet cyrname today, that would have been interesting.

Clodagh

Visit site
Not as impressed with altior as I was with Bryony Frost and Black Corton, what a partnership they are and to ride like that on her first ride back is amazing. Altior isn’t the horse he was and hopefully a rest and going further will be what he needs. Shame he didn’t meet cyrname today, that would have been interesting.

They were amazing, and her interviews are wonderful. Blackie is a superstar, I hope he has a good holiday now.
It was very sad about Josses Hill, and he ran better than he had for ages, it was awful he didn't make it to his summer paddock.

KautoStar1

Visit site
the trouble with Altior is that aside from Une De Sceaux, he hasnt beaten very much. I know thats not his fault. I've not been so impressed with him this season, he looks workman like at best. But no one can argue with 19 straight wins, that is a phenomenal achievement for any horse. He's definitely lost that blistering speed a 2 mile chaser needs. Whether hes got the stamina for 3 miles plus I dont know. Certainly he wont get it all his own way if he steps up, there will be far more opposition.

Clodagh

Visit site
the trouble with Altior is that aside from Une De Sceaux, he hasnt beaten very much. I know thats not his fault. I've not been so impressed with him this season, he looks workman like at best. But no one can argue with 19 straight wins, that is a phenomenal achievement for any horse. He's definitely lost that blistering speed a 2 mile chaser needs. Whether hes got the stamina for 3 miles plus I dont know. Certainly he wont get it all his own way if he steps up, there will be far more opposition.

I think he has bene impressive this season, inn that he hasn't found it so easy yet has still stuck his head out to win. It would be fabulous to have some real battles in the future.
Kauto Star was so exceptional, and his greatness only gets reinforced every season.

Mariposa

Visit site
He's always won going away - he does hit flat spots in running but I've been hugely impressed with him! I mean...the way he jumps! He is just breathtaking! I'm excited to see him go a bit further, he can only beat what is put up against him and he's seen them all off!

Orangehorse

Visit site
I think he has bene impressive this season, inn that he hasn't found it so easy yet has still stuck his head out to win. It would be fabulous to have some real battles in the future.
Kauto Star was so exceptional, and his greatness only gets reinforced every season.

Yes I agree, he battled when challenged and has had to work hard a few times. Sometimes these "super horses" just fade away when they meet a horse that gives them a fight. He gives the impression that he has a professional outlook - OK, I know what I have to do here, just get my head in front.