Always be kind.....

Biglets Mummy

Visit site
Thank you all so so much for your lovely words and I have to confess to being very weepy since hearing about this lady. So many of us have had dreadful times and suffered depression and mental health issues. Life is so stressful and busy that I know I probably dont pay enough attention to what is going on around me sometimes.
Anyway a little update - I've just rung my lovely friend to see how the lady is doing and apparently she got to the yard this morning someone else had turned her boys out , mucked out and a bunch of flowers from someones garden were on her tack box. No note and friend doesnt know which livery mucked out for her. My friend had a coffee with her this morning at the yard and although she is very emotional she has done 2 things really positive.
Shes gone sick from her job today and is spending the day at the yard just relaxing and pottering and having a good think about things. She has made a doctors appointment and is going to tell the doctor about the stress she is under and is going to ask for either medical or counselling support. She is also going to be asked to be signed off for a week. I think job hunting might be on the agenda too.
They have also made plans to go for a ride on Saturday morning together to help her get back in the saddle .
My friend is mortified that I have posted about this but I just said she needed to hear how that one act of caring and compassion has helped another person who was in a very very dark place this time yesterday. I really hope my friend knows how wonderful she is and I have printed off this thread to show her one day.

Irish gal

Visit site
What a wonderful story - thank you for posting! So nice that your friend and others were concerned and kind enough to reach out to her. A bit of humanity goes a long way.

EQUIDAE

Visit site
What fantastic people and a fantastic yard to be on! It would be lovely if everyone could be like this - pay it forward is definitely a good ethos to live by.

I wish there was a like button. I always say "walk a mile in their shoes". I hope she will be ok.

There sort of is - if you click the little sherrif's badge under the name you can add to the persons reputation and put a comment :)