Am I being to fussy or does this person NOT exsist ?

Eira

Visit site
I've been looking for some-one to school and then a chance to compete ( later on ) my lovely ISH mare , with no luck whatoever !!
Could it be that I'm too fusy ? Not that Ive had anyone enquire !
or is it just the lack of competent people that don't already have horses or maybe its the time of year ?
confused.gif
confused.gif

Does anyone have any experience with trying to find someone to school theyre horses or any ideas how I can find some-one as my horse is now in desperate need of some schooling and I cant find anyone for the job
frown.gif

LCobby

Visit site
I find local or regional magazines have adverts from professional riders and trainers for schooling, but many prefer a horse to be sent to them than to travel several times a week.

Those who would ride and school a horse in return for rides , rather than hourly rate , IF they the skill and experince to bring on and school a young horse, may think that they would put all the work in and then the owner will have it back to compete, or it may be sold on.

Eira

Visit site
No not expecting it for free , very happy and willing to pay but Ive spoken to proffesionals and yes they want her to go to theyre yards , the problem is where I live the nearest professional that have been recommnded is 45-50mins away and doing that isnt an option at the mo as I struggle to find time to ride let alone take 3/4 hours out of the day to travel her there
frown.gif
!
Ideally I want to find a freelance instructor or the like that will take her on as a bit of a project and keep helping in the long term ... but its all so confusing am slowly starting to think buying her was a mistake as I just fell shes being wasted and its not really fair on her
frown.gif
:(

burtie

Visit site
Difficult if you are not close to somewhere. All the good riders will charge both time and travel money to come out to you so would work out quite expensive.
Your best bet would be to keep asking around locally or advertise in local tack shops for a younger rider starting out, but be sure they have the ability and attitide you want before taking them on.

Mrs_Wishkabibble

Visit site
It is difficult to find the right person but you just need to keep looking. Maybe you could spot somebody at a show that rides the way you like and ask them.
I tried a few people but didnt like the way they rode but found somebody in the end that did wonders with my cheeky warmblood.
She got on so well with him she now has him on permanent full loan and is doing a lovely job with him.
Ask about, most these people are only word of mouth.
Dont give up, the right one will be out there.
smile.gif
smile.gif

Eira

Visit site
Just realised how difficult it is
frown.gif

The few people I have phoned are suddenly put of by her size even though it said it in her ad !!
frown.gif

Am considering sending her for schooling for 6 weeks so shes doing something until I can find someone that loves my bfg as much as I do !!!
was thinking of trying to find a sharer but shes on full livery and im very happy where she is and I dont no many people that want to share a horse and then have to do nothing
frown.gif

ischa

Visit site
look on horse exchange they have loads of people wanting to school horses / or loan what ever i found my girl who was advertising i needed someone with experience as i have a 4yr who needed bring on
she is now jumping her and only been with me for a year she still has riding lessons but is very convident and knows whats shes doing so dont cross riders that are still having lessons im glad i found her cause after all the time i was looking i was getting people that where timewasters