Am I crazy to buy another Discovery??

helen75

Visit site
My Disco 2 has died :-(

It had over 135k on the clock and the turbo went bust so instead of getting it repaired we are going to buy a new car.

I need to tow 1 x TB and IW 505 BUT the yard is up a pretty steep hill and moving yards is not an option right now. My Disco has been a dream to tow in these conditions. I really need to avoid those cars that have a 2 tonne tow limit or less.

My heart wants another Disco buy my head says no. Too many people bitching about unreliability!

Help!

Befney3

Visit site
I loved my Disco 2. It had over 156k on the clock & still towed amazingly. It did have various bits done to keep it going but I wouldn't really say it had reliability issues. I loved that car (only sold it as I wasn't towing anymore).

Go for it, get another one! :)

skint1

Visit site
What about an Isuzu Trooper or Citation? I've never owned a Disco so can't say whether you're mad or not to want another, heard mixed reviews!

morrismob

Visit site
I have had discos for years then last year bought a range rover, lasted a year ( only because i had to otherwise it would have gone in a week ) then straight back to a disco... you can't beat them:D