Am i expecting too much ££?

luckilotti

hillhousestables.co.uk
hi
i had a lady down yesterday to see about loaning my pony for her 4 year old daughter. The plan was - she would come down 1-3 days per week (def including the sundays) and that i would be flexible re days as she works shifts - so she would let me know at the start of the week what days and i would make sure he was in and ready those days. I would still be doing him in the morning. Basically they would groom, skip out, put a net and feed in and ride. They would have full use of both indoor and outdoor arenas and plenty of off road riding. I also offered to take them to shows etc next summer in my box.
What contribution was i looking for - £15 per week. Plus i asked her to get rider insurance for her daughter. The reply - too expensive!!! Now - yes hes a small pony but expensive!!! i replied that i doubt you could get a lesson for that price and she believes you can (dread to think where could offer a lesson for that price as all of the riding schools locally are much more expensive!)

i dont think i am - but does it sound like i was expecting too much???

A girl also emailed me about one of my horses i am trying to find a part loaner for - she emailed saying she can only afford £10 per week - this was for a similar set up - for a 16.1 - £10 will only just cover his haylege!

Smash

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
i replied that i doubt you could get a lesson for that price and she believes you can

[/ QUOTE ]

So let her. See how far she gets.
grin.gif

Both this woman and £10-a-week girl (is she having a laugh?) are taking the Michael.

belly

Visit site
If it was my pony and somebody reacted like that, then I would nt consider them for the loan. I know I'm petty but it would create uncomforterbleness (is that a word?) from the beginning, which is awful when loaning.
£15 p/w is not at all expensive when livery and facilities is thrown in.

FinellaGlen

Visit site
Let them walk away and don't think any more about it. I would love to see where they end up with that sort of deal for less than £15 per week. I think you are being very reasonable and you must stick to your guns.

trundle

Visit site
They sound completely unreasonable. I realise you are Oop North, but I would expect to pay £25-35 for that sort of arrangement - expecting it for less is just taking the mick !

Yes, you probably could get a children's group lesson for that price somewhere, but not three days or so of the pony essentially being "yours", plus showing opportunities, use of box, etc. Were you the first person they'd responded to, by any chance?

Mithras

Visit site
You cant get an awful lot for £15, some people easily spend more than that on newspapers and magazines in a week! Sounds like she thinks she would be doing YOU service and resents paying anything but its only manners on her part to at least cover your costs. I also wouldnt let people who had that attitude have anything to do with my horses, the payment you are asking isnt much but it illustrates commitment on their part which clearly they dont have.

Shilasdair

Patting her thylacine
Visit site
She doesn't sound very appreciative. She wouldn't get a lesson for that - but let her try.
She sounds like trouble anyway - and I can't believe how much you were going to do for her and her child.
Toughen up, Luckilotti!
S
smile.gif

hadfos

Visit site
I would charge more than that just for them to have the priviledge to sit on my boy,lmao!!Let em walk,1 lesson would cost them that in a group,and they were gonna get a few days a wk,morons!!!As for the 16.1 for £10 a week
confused.gif
wot planet are some people on???Can probably understand young girls offering silly money a week due to lack of understanding as to how much they cost a yr to keep,i would have probably tried the same when i was (alot) younger through wanting a horse sooo desperately!!
The woman with the daughter however should and does no better otherwise she would have bought her daughter a pony surely??

Charutt

Visit site
It costs £15 per 1/2 hour lead rein lesson at the RS I rang at the weekend for my 4 year old daughter.

I'd have snapped up your offer, you are being very reasonable.

Echo the messages ref rudeness and and lack of knowledge.

luckilotti

hillhousestables.co.uk
Thanks everyone - i was beginning to doubt myself!

I've just had an email from her - and was dreading opening it incase she said she wanted to loan him! - but no - they have discussed it over the weekend and think its too expensive and the i am expecting more help than they feel they can give me!

Apparently they have been looking for a while - but now i guess we know why!